please verify unrar installation instructions

• I'm looking to see if the instructions are still correct for OMV 4.0, if something need to be change please let me know. Do i need to replace Jessie and wheezy to strech?

Backup your sources.list file
    cp /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list.bak Add a source to the sources.list
    echo deb ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie main >> /etc/apt/sources.list Add another source
    echo deb ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy non-free >> /etc/apt/sources.list Update your package lists
    apt-get update Install the required programs...Type y when asked if you would like to proceed with the installation and hit enter
    apt-get install par2 unrarAnd finally let's revert the changes made to sources list
    mv -f /etc/apt/sources.list.bak /etc/apt/sources.listYou should have unrar version 4.10

• I don't know why you are adding additional sources. Before doing that you should try this and verify you already have proper sources:

Code
    apt-cache policy par2 unrar

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• looks like it's available just not installed? so just apt-get install par2 unrar

root@openmediavault:~# apt-get install par2 unrar
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package unrar is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

E: Package 'unrar' has no installation candidate
    root@openmediavault:~#

• Add or enable the Non-Free repo:

Code
    deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stretch non-free

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I did the following

Code
    echo deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stretch non-free >> /etc/apt/sources.list

Then updated

Code
    apt-get update

tried to install using and it stil failed.

Code
    apt-get install par2 unrar
  • You will be better off if you add repos via the OMV Extras panel.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!