Access to shared folder from remote

• Hi eveyone.
    Soon I will upgrade my connection and I will have enought upload to use my NAS even if I'm not at home.
    I won't have a fixed IP, so I was wandering which was the best solution:
    - Nextcloud;
    - VPN on my NAS (is it possibile?)-> this is the worst solution
    - VPN on my tp-link router -> not sure if it's possible to configure the VPN on a router, or only on the modem;
    - Wait for the fritxbox 7530 and use it's VPN;

What do you suggest?

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• What kind of access are you looking for? Using a VPN will allow you the same functionality as if you were at home. Setup the VPN on the router, and many routers have the ability to offer DDNS so you don't have to worry about IP changes.

Alternatively, the most simple solution for basic file access is to use FTP and open a port for it on your firewall. SSH could (should) be used to prevent anyone snooping on your file transfers. DDNS could be employed as before for access to the FTP server.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!