Failed to create shared folder [HDD no referenced]

• Hi guys,

after installing OVM on Debian with a system partion on 1 SSD with just 1 HDD of datas, I've created the groups, users, then I've added the HDD and create the share folder. So, when I saw everything was working, I plugged a second HDD. i've mounted it and one thing was different: it appears that it's not referenced (in the referenced column).

I tried to create the share folder, but I have an error:

"Failed to create the directory '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-HDD/HDD"

with the following details:

Code
    Erreur #0:
    OMV\Exception: Failed to create the directory '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-HDD/HDD':  in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:323
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->set(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'set', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

So I unmounted it and tried to mount it directly with Debian with exactly the same specification that with the first HDD but same result... what can I do?

• no, they have a different name, I just wrote HDD to be more simple.

The blkid detect the drive:

• and fdisk -l report this problem:

Code
    Mauvaise concordance des tailles de partition du secteur d'amorçage GPT (4294967294 != 7814037167), elle seront corrigées par la commande w (écriture).
    Disque /dev/sdb : 3,7 TiB, 4000787030016 octets, 7814037168 secteurs
    Unités : secteur de 1 × 512 = 512 octets
    Taille de secteur (logique / physique) : 512 octets / 512 octets
    taille d'E/S (minimale / optimale) : 512 octets / 512 octets
    Type d'étiquette de disque : gpt
    Identifiant de disque : CBB7EA04-3243-4272-BADE-420DEC33A035

translation: Mismatch of GPT boot sector partition sizes. it will be correct by the W command

But I have to say that this drive works perfectly on OSX....

• Oh ok, so the problem is that I can't create a shared folder. Here is the message when I try to register the new shared folder:

Code
    Erreur #0:
    OMV\Exception: Failed to create the directory '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-HDD/HDD':  in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:323
    Stack trace:
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'set', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}
  • Hum, I don' think so, because I have 10% free on it and it works with the other with just 7%:

• Ok, so now I'm a little bit more familiar with OMV, I've re-install all the system with my 2 HDD.

For the first 1, I can create a shared folder but I have a failed message:

But, if I close the windows, I can validate the changes and it works!

For the second HDD, same message but if I just want to create a shared folder in the root of the HDD, I have another failed message:

Than I try to validate like for the other HDD but this time, no magic issue:

Do you have an idea about what I can do? You know, I can add all of my folders 1 by 1 in the shared folder tab but it's more easy to add the home folder of the HDD directly as a shared folder...

• Offizieller Beitrag

How did you install OMV? Please post the error details of the 'Failed to set file group to 'users'' dialog to get the whole error info. I assume your system is broken, maybe various important things like creating groups during the package installation have failed. The detailed error info will enlight us some more.

• here is the message:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Exception: Failed to set file group to 'users' for '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Rushes/':  in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:340
    Stack trace:
    #4 {main}

but I can add without problem every folder inside the HDD, just not the root folder...

• I've read the SMB1 protocol could be a problem because of a security protocol problem. Si I've added the following lignes in the SMB options:

Code
    client max protocol = SMB3
    write list = @users

but It doesn't resolve the issue

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!