File system mounted to /srv but trying to mount to /media when creating a share

• I have an OMV that started as an OMV 2.? that has been upgraded to OMV 3 and now OMV 4.1.12 in case that matters. As far as I could tell everything was working just fine for about a month. All my drives are present and shares are working. All my plugins work after I reinstalled them.

Yesterday I got a new external hard drive and I formatted and created an EXT4 file system on it through OMV. I can verify that the drive is mounted to /srv and I can create files and such on it. So far so good.

However, when I try to create a share (so far I've tried Apple and NFS) on this drive I get the following error:

When I run journalctl -xe I see the following line over an over from monit: 'mountpoint_media_bb921ad9-1f85-4062-9469-a81004ed2c6a' status failed (1) -- /media/bb921ad9-1f85-4062-9469-a81004ed2c6a is not a mountpoint.

So somehow and somewhere there appears to be a missmatch where the drive is mounted to /srv as it should be in OMV 4 but the rest of the system is looking for it in /media.

When I look in fstab I see that it is indeed configured to mount the drive to media instead of srv.
    When I reboot the drive comes back mounted to /srv.
    When I unmount the drive in /srv and try to mount /media/bb921ad9-1f85-4062-9469-a81004ed2c6a the command happily runs without error but doesn't mount the drive.

I am far from an expert in OMV.

Is there something I can do to fix this or should I trash it and install OMV 4 from scratch?

Many thanks

Rich

• I would search the file /etc/openmediavault/config.xml for the string:

/media/bb921ad9-1f85-4062-9469-a81004ed2c6a

and if it's there post the section it is in.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I see it in config -> system -> fstab -> mntent

Code
    <mntent>
            <uuid>1b16f039-9162-4770-95a7-1fbd7093c047</uuid>
            <fsname>bb921ad9-1f85-4062-9469-a81004ed2c6a</fsname>
            <dir>/media/bb921ad9-1f85-4062-9469-a81004ed2c6a</dir>
            <type>ext4</type>
            <opts>defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl</opts>
            <freq>0</freq>
            <passno>2</passno>
            <hidden>0</hidden>
          </mntent>

This the only place and it matches with the information in /etc/fstab.

• I'm confused. In your original post I got the idea that this drive was mounted in /srv, but you say you have an entry in fstab that mounts it in /media.

Any chance you have multiple statements in fstab that try to mount the same drive twice?

Also, look again in config.xml and see where else /media shows up.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Indeed. The drive is being mounted to /srv. fstab has a line for mounting the drive to /media.

/media shows up all over the place as all of the drives that I have configured prior to upgrading to OMV 4 were originally mounted there. It is only the new drive I just added to the system since upgrading to OMV 4 that is having this weird problem. I can't figure out how the new drive is being mounted at all frankly.

The last file system on line 16 is the troublesome one. As you can see it is mounted to /srv.

The drive appears in fstab above on line 16 (the id of the drive is the one that starts with "bb").

The path /media appears in config.xml once for each of the above entries. And for all but the drive with the id starting with "bb" that is correct and for all but that drive it is working.

Anyway, I've tried some simple editing of config.xml and I'm convinced at this point that I should probably just go ahead and start with a fresh install of OMV and configure everything again from scratch.

Thanks for the help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!