Directly uploading pictures from iOS/Android to OMV

• My WD MyCloud failed recently so I decided to use a Raspberry Pi 3 and OMV in an attempt to replicate the MyCloud's features. So far I've managed to get the NAS side of things working fine for viewing content on various devices (laptop, smart tv, phones, tablets, etc) but I can't figure out how to upload pictures directly from my iPhone to a selected folder in the NAS.

I've got the File Explorer Pro app and that's great for viewing the content on the NAS (it can also add new empty folders, copy files onto the iPhone, and delete files/folders) but it seems unable to actually upload anything from the iPhone itself. I also purchased the PhotoSync app because I thought that would do it but I can't figure out how to get it to work, it's mostly just long loading screens with no directories found. I might just be doing something wrong when I input the NAS port or directory details on the FTP settings as I'm very new to all this so forgive my ignorance, but any help would be appreciated.

• My WD MyCloud failed recently so I decided to use a Raspberry Pi 3 and OMV in an attempt to replicate the MyCloud's features. So far I've managed to get the NAS side of things working fine for viewing content on various devices (laptop, smart tv, phones, tablets, etc) but I can't figure out how to upload pictures directly from my iPhone to a selected folder in the NAS.

I've got the File Explorer Pro app and that's great for viewing the content on the NAS (it can also add new empty folders, copy files onto the iPhone, and delete files/folders) but it seems unable to actually upload anything from the iPhone itself. I also purchased the PhotoSync app because I thought that would do it but I can't figure out how to get it to work, it's mostly just long loading screens with no directories found. I might just be doing something wrong when I input the NAS port or directory details on the FTP settings as I'm very new to all this so forgive my ignorance, but any help would be appreciated.

Maybe try the nextcloud + iOS app....

• In android I use RSyncWrapper
    For Ios you can try Acrosync

How it works ? It uses the RSYNC protocol to backup everything you want. In my case, it automatically saves my photos/videos from my android phone every night when my phone is plugged in charger and connected to wifi.

It's the best solution I found because Nextcloud (etc) doesn't work as well.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!