SQL + Kodi not working

• Hello!

I set up a fresh v4 because i wanted to put my kodi DB on an sql server, and i couldnt get it installed/working with my old 2.x version, thats just for the history :)

I set up sql as shown in the 2 pics, and heres my advancedsettings

kodi log says unable to open the video DBs

i used telnet to check if the DB is reacting at all, and i get a "response":

Code
    Trying 192.168.2.106...
    Connected to 192.168.2.106.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    b
    5.5.5-10.1.26-MariaDB-0+deb9u1�bI()4h1[-?�W#FwD/]iu10@mysql_native_passwordConnection closed by foreign host.

any ideas?

• i knew i forgot to list something ...

global privileges are of course all granted, and i have a pwd, it just never shows any *** or something when i access the user again. dont know if that should be the case.

i didnt setup a db, cause kodi should do that, right?

host ip: its for multiple devices (otherwise no need for sql server)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why do want to use mysql? there is no need, not even for kodi, just create SMB shares the wiki explains that.

This is from the wiki:

1 Make files accessible over the network

If you haven't already done so, you will need to make your media files accessible to all your Kodi devices by sharing them on the network through file sharing. Kodi itself or the MySQL server will not share the actual files for this setup. Most operating systems have built-in methods for sharing files to the network, or a NAS device can be used.

• Offizieller Beitrag

its for sharing the database.
    whats seen/unseen

Ok I use Kodi, and have iPads, SmartTV's, PS3, Xbox, I don't, never have, set up an sql db for this, use SMB shares it's much easier.

But saying that read the Kodi Wiki it clearly states the Host is the ip of Kodi, the next page then explains how to create advancedsettings.xml file.....and my mistake you do not have to set up a kodi named db.

Good luck setting this up, but it's not an omv problem...add kodi user and Kodi's ip address and the privileges and it's done.

• Ok I use Kodi, and have iPads, SmartTV's, PS3, Xbox, I don't, never have, set up an sql db for this, use SMB shares it's much easier.

sounds like you never used kodi in db mode(wich uses an sql lite on every local device), but only browsing the files

it now seems to work.
    i deleted my user and created the exact same user with the exact same settings but this time using the command line tool.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!