OMV - Resilio at startup

• Hi all,

Let introduce myself. My name is Nito and I'm trying to create a NAS based in OMV with my Raspberry. I have installed OMV and configured it (no issue). Moreover I have installed Resilio to synchronize my laptop (specifics folders) with the NAS. I'm very excited due it's my first immersion in OVM/Raspberry and it was so intuitive.

I have installed Resilio following this tutorial Resilio Sync installation without any issue.

BUT, I have a problem with running Resilio at startup- The post indicates the configuration for Raspbian Jessie, but using OMV it's not the same and I cant' access to 'cd ~/.config/' folder. Therefore, I can't finish the tutorial

At this point, I have been surfing forums, topics, etc...without any clear response/advice.

• I have configured the 'Scheduled jobs' in OMV but after restarting it doesn't work. If I manually start the process (in the console) with './rslsync --webui.listen 0.0.0.0:8888' (extract from the tutorial)

I'm very frustrate because I'm not familiar with Linux environments.

Any advice, suggestion, comment is welcomed. I think the solution is use some of the commands from the tutorial in the right way.

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards,
    Nito

P.D. Admins, please move this topic to the specific thread if you consider

• Offizieller Beitrag

Starting resilio with a scheduled job probably is not the most elegant way, but it should work.

Have you tried to use the absolute path for the scheduled job? According to the tutorial it should be:

/pi/home/rslsync --webui.listen 0.0.0.0:8888

In case it does not work, execute the command via the GUI by pressing the "RUN" button and post the output.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Another way to start resilio at startup would be to use systemd. If you want to try, don't start resilio at startup or manually like you mentioned above.

Execute
    systemctl enable resilio-sync
    but you need to check if the config file is defining the correct IP and port to listen.

For this start the service manually with
    systemctl start resilio-sync
    and check the ouput of
    systemctl status resilio-sync

• Hi Macom,

Thank you so much for your quick response.

This afternoon I have been testing '/pi/home/rslsync --webui.listen 0.0.0.0:8888' and it's works!!

Moreover, following your advice, I'm going to test the other option (systemctl)

Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!