Can't login to web admin panel. Software Failure. Press left mouse button to continue. Incorrect username or password.

• Hi all,

I'm DEFINITELY logging in to openmediavault.local with the correct username and password. I am also trying via the IP address. Each time now for two days I get

Software Failure. Press left mouse button to continue.
    Incorrect username or password.

I can SSH into the machine and I can traverse mounted SMB shares from my other machines, so it's all working correctly apart from my admin login to the web interface.

Can anyone offer some suggestion as to what I can try? Thanks so much.

• Thank you, I tried that and same result.
    I then saw the option "Clear Web Control Panel Cache".
    That might work I thought to myself. I ran it and now when I go to the web panel:

Error #0:
    OMV\Exception: Failed to read file
    '/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json'
    (size=0). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:200
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc(216): OMV\Json\File->getContents()
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc(172): OMV\Json\File->read()
    #2 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(46): OMV\ControlPanel\ControlPanelAbstract->render()
    #3 {main}

Oh my, have I done a bad thing?

• I tried it again, now I don't even get a JSON error. I got a heap of emails though in order like so:

Exists Service php-fpm Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 07:57:10 Action: alert Host: openmediavault Description: process is running with pid 762Your faithful employee,MonitDoes not exist Service php-fpm Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 07:56:36 Action: restart Host: openmediavault Description: process is not runningYour faithful employee,MonitStatus failed Service mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-id-ata-MB0500EBZQA_Z1M0FEDN-part1 Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 07:57:11 Action: alert Host: openmediavault Description: status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-MB0500EBZQA_Z1M0FEDN-part1 is not a mountpointYour faithful employee,MonitStatus failed Service mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-id-ata-MB0500EBZQA_Z1M0FSZD-part1 Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 07:57:11 Action: alert Host: openmediavault Description: status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-MB0500EBZQA_Z1M0FSZD-part1 is not a mountpointYour faithful employee,MonitResource limit matched Service filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-id-ata-MB0500EBZQA_Z1M0FSZD-part1 Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 07:58:41 Action: alert Host: openmediavault Description: space usage 89.4% matches resource limit [space usage>85.0%]Your faithful employee,MonitResource limit matched Service rootfs Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 07:58:41 Action: alert Host: openmediavault Description: space usage 89.4% matches resource limit [space usage>85.0%]Your faithful employee,Monit

Resource limit matched Service filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-id-ata-MB0500EBZQA_Z1M0FEDN-part1 Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 07:58:42 Action: alert Host: openmediavault Description: space usage 89.4% matches resource limit [space usage>85.0%]Your faithful employee,Monit

Does that help in any way?

• I tried it again, now I don't even get a JSON error. I got a heap of emails though in order like so:

Does that help in any way?

• Hi all, just bumping this as I haven't been able to login to my OMV admin panel for some time now. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can proceed? Do I need to format the boot device? If so, will it be an issue with my data and getting setup again?

• Hi all, just bumping this as I haven't been able to login to my OMV admin panel for some time now. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can proceed? Do I need to format the boot device? If so, will it be an issue with my data and getting setup again?

Hello Robster,

I don't think you need to go so far as to format the boot device.

I was running into the same error with the whole "Cannot read the login.js file" thing that you mentioned previously and I dug into the file itself and it turned out that after clearing the cache, I wasn't able to recreate the file after I had unknowingly filled my ROOT ( / ) directory to its limit.

Once I made some space and re-ran the clear cache command from within omv-firstaid, the file got remade in full and I was able to log in no problem.

Try making some space on your drive (since Monit is emailing you about that anyways already) and see if that at least lets you access the login page again.

That being said I would not know where to begin with the failing username and passwords if you really swear you are putting those in and they are still failing.

But I can tell you that if you right click on a password box and hit the "Inspect" option in the right click menu, it will take you to the HTML code thats behind the box and you can change "type=password" into "type=text" and it will let you see exactly what you are typing in without all the *****.

If you need a good command to see whats all taking up space, try this one out:
    > sudo du -hsx /* | sort -rh | head -n 40
    source link: https://askubuntu.com/a/885214

Hello Robster,

I was running into the same error with the whole "Cannot read the login.js file" thing that you mentioned previously and I dug into the file itself and it turned out that after clearing the cache, I wasn't able to recreate the file after I had unknowingly filled my ROOT ( / ) directory to its limit.

Once I made some space and re-ran the clear cache command from within omv-firstaid, the file got remade in full and I was able to log in no problem.

Try making some space on your drive (since Monit is emailing you about that anyways already) and see if that at least lets you access the login page again.

That being said I would not know where to begin with the failing username and passwords if you really swear you are putting those in and they are still failing.

But I can tell you that if you right click on a password box and hit the "Inspect" option in the right click menu, it will take you to the HTML code thats behind the box and you can change "type=password" into "type=text" and it will let you see exactly what you are typing in without all the *****.

sudo du -hsx /* | sort -rh | head -n 40

• Hello Robster,

sudo du -hsx /* | sort -rh | head -n 40

• Sorry about the duplicate posts, the comments kept erroring out after hitting send etc and they didn't show as being successful until just now after a reload and I cant figure out how to find the comment delete button.

tech savvy is not stretching far enough to cover the forum xD

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!