Transcoding failure Plex - Docker

• Hey guys

I'm in a bit of a pickle , i'm having some issues getting transcoding to work for Plex running in Docker.
    I installed OMV + Docker + Plex following the guide of Technodad.
    I also read through following post and comments ( Plex not transcoding. Docker. )

I didn't want my Transcoding folder to be under /sharedfolders so I created a directory /transcode directly in the root of my SSD.
    I gave the user 'Ymir', this is the user running all the docker containers, the necesarry rights (as suggested by user 'gderf' in above mentioned forum post) on this folder:

Code
    drwxr-sr-x   3 Ymir users  4096 Oct 13 16:48 transcode

Now, when I play a video file (MPEG2VIDEO in this example) I can see a file being adding to the directory '
    /transcode/Transcode/Sessions' for transcoding:

But after +/- 30 seconds the file disappears and I get follow error in Plex:

Conversion failed. The transcoder exited due to an error.

(The directories /transcode/Transcode and /transcode/Transcode/Session have the same rights as /transcode.)

I also tried with giving 777 permissions on the directories, but the issue is still the same.

Can you guys help me out? Are there logs somewhere that could give me the answer? (I already went through the plex logs which I downloaded through the GUI but found nothing)

Thanks in advance!

• What hard drive holds your PMS database (the one where the /config docker path points to)? Is that drive mounted with the exec option in /etc/ftsab?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I moved the /config docker directories to my SSD and now it works.
    They were on my Raid5 file system which had the 'noexec' option in /etc/fstab.

Thank you, you're the best!

Just be aware that the PMS database can become quite large, depending on the size of your libraries and how you have set things up within Plex. This can easily fill up your rootfs, breaking OMV.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!