can't install plugins or updates on OMV 413-1 - no disk monitor available

• Hi Everyone

I just changed my configuration (new motherboard AMD Gt48E) to upgrade from 2 to 4 SATA ports and 3 seagate ironwolf HDD (6/6/8Tb).The previous configuration was already working well with the two 6TB disks.
    Reinstalled OMV 413-1 with no particular issues
    Still, when I log in through the web administration to check the disks and smart tabs, the popup Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatus6VYv9h' (size=0) error appears and the temperature reading is n/a
    Tried to update or to install the disk monitor plugin, but another error message comes in the log (see screen capture)
    Except from that, everything works good with network and SMB sharing...
    What is wrong?

all my best

Hyperg

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your DNS needs to be set. It can't resolve domain names. See problem #6 Solutions to common problems

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

does not change the issue, same error message...

It is a networking problem then since it still can't resolve dns. Does the system resolve dns when it is set to dhcp?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!