Transcode folder for plex docker.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So if i just create a /transcode folder in my shared folder it should work?

Provided the container points to that, however, I should read this and this to ensure that it will work, I'm not a Plex user but I have watched some of the videos, so I understood what you meant by AppData.

• Hi i'm trying to set up my plex on Docker, with the toturial from " Techno Dad Life " Video link .

He skips the part with the transcode folder, and in the comment he says: "Just make a transcode folder in your AppData folder. You will be very happy!"

How do i find the AppData folder :?:

You can create the transcode folder anywhere you want, you can name it anything you want, and it does not have to be an OMV shared folder. The only requirement for it is that it has the correct ownership and permissions such that the Plex docker container can read and write to it, and you correctly specify the linkage between the Host Path and the Container Path /transcode in the container setup.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• All my shared folders have Read/write permissions, and my user have read/write permissions to the shared folders and to the docker.

Do i have to set permissions in the docker it self and if so how?

• All my shared folders have Read/write permissions, and my user have read/write permissions to the shared folders and to the docker.

Are you using mergerfs(UnionFS)? Are you drives formatted EXT4?

Version7.0-32 (Sandworm)
    ProcessorAMD EPYC 7302P 16-Core Processor
    KernelLinux 6.1.15-1-pve
    HardwareDell R7515
  • I have been very happy with my OMV server for the last 3 years, but every time something comes up, like major updates, this docker and so on - I allways run in to trouble.

I feel like i'm so close but yet so far from getting this to work now.

I am on the edge to just switch to windows ||;(

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!