RAID 6: GPT table is corrupt

• Hello All,

I have two disks in my RAID 6 array showing: the GPT table is corrupt, but the backup appears OK, so that will be used (/dev/sdd and /dev/sde). The RAID is clean and active at the moment. The doc I read on how to restore the GPT table made me hesistant as one of the steps said it may cause strange things to happen to a RAID array. Can anyone assist with steps to correct this? Thank you.

I'm running OMV 4.1.12 from a flash drive. I have 5 3TB WD greens in a RAID 6 array.

fdisk

/proc/mdstat

Code
    root@omv:~# cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid10]
    md126 : active raid6 sdd[4] sde[5] sdb[0] sda[6] sdc[1]
          8790405120 blocks super 1.2 level 6, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [5/5] [UUUUU]
          bitmap: 0/22 pages [0KB], 65536KB chunk

unused devices: <none>

mdadm

Code
    root@omv:~# mdadm --detail --scan --verbose
    ARRAY /dev/md/omv:OMVStorage level=raid6 num-devices=5 metadata=1.2 name=omv:OMVStorage UUID=192e44a3:750e37c3:10f8b626:eed40748
       devices=/dev/sda,/dev/sdb,/dev/sdc,/dev/sdd,/dev/sde
    root@omv:~#
    • Offizieller Beitrag

It looks like you created the array with OMV which means it is not using partitions. So, a corrupt GPT doesn't cause any problems. It just means the drives weren't completely wiped before creating the array.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!