RemoteMount (or MiniDLNA) keeps HDD busy and busy

• Hi,

OMV (4.1.12) runs on an OrangePI Zero Plus. The Plugin RemoteMount is utilized to access an external Toshiba USB 3.0 HDD (Stor.E Slim II, Model HDTD210ES3EA), which is connected to a Fritz!Box 7490 as a NAS. MiniDLNA plays/streams mainly flac-files, which are stored on the HDD, as a music server. The Toshiba HDD is formatted in NTFS. The Fritz!Box has a Linux-based OS (Fritz!OS, V 07.01).

Hopefully I mentioned all potentially relevant details ;)

Even if I don't play/stream any music (and also the main client, a Pioneer A/V receiver VSX-S520D is in standby) the HDD is being kept busy and busy, indicated by a blue light at the corner of the HDD case.

Any idea to allow the HDD to sleep (energy saving mode) :?:

Regards, Joe

OrangePi Zero Plus (using the ext. 1 TB HDD that is connected to a Fritz!Box 7490); Pioneer VSX-S520D + BDP-X300; Quadral Tornado; Panasonic Viera TX-L42V20E; Intel NUC 5i5RYH (Win. 10 Pro 64); TT-connect CT-3650 CI; Archgon Panasonic UJ-272; DVBViewer Pro+Mediaserver; Kodi; Pulse 8 CEC HDMI; Logitech LR Keyboard K830

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Joe_PS ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

As the USB Toshiba HDD is connected to the FritzBox I would search the FritzBox Documentation/Forum or Toshiba Documentation.

Probably there is nothing that can be done from the NAS with OMV. Except of not reading from or writing to the HDD.

Why do you connect the HDD to the FritzBox and not to the NAS?

• Thanks macom

for your quick reply. I have used the Fritz!Box + ext. HDD as a NAS, which runs very reliable and stable. The OrangePi Zero Plus does only have an USB 2.0 port (with limited electrical power resources), but the Toshiba HDD is a USB 3.0 hard drive without the option to power it separately. Thus I'd like to continue using Fritz!Box+HDD as a NAS.

The OrangePi + OMV + MiniDLNA has only being implemented to provide a convenient music server, which is by far faster and more comfortable than the built-in music server of the Fritz!Box. Latter doesn't support any tags of flac-files for instance.

By this workaround I've been able to continue using Fritz!NAS, while having a nice music server (MiniDLNA) at the same time, but with very little extra energy consumption (24 x 7) for less than 30,- EUR including a good power plug adapter.

Cheers, Joe

OrangePi Zero Plus (using the ext. 1 TB HDD that is connected to a Fritz!Box 7490); Pioneer VSX-S520D + BDP-X300; Quadral Tornado; Panasonic Viera TX-L42V20E; Intel NUC 5i5RYH (Win. 10 Pro 64); TT-connect CT-3650 CI; Archgon Panasonic UJ-272; DVBViewer Pro+Mediaserver; Kodi; Pulse 8 CEC HDMI; Logitech LR Keyboard K830

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!