RSync quit after 40 minutes

• I am trying to copy an EXT4 disk to a Ntfs disk both external since I got a PI, it is working fine but every 40 minutes it stops and I have to reboot.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sometimes (but admittedly rarely) it is a Bad Idea™ to copy stuff from EXT4 to NTFS.
    The differences in case sensitivity may in some special cases lead to a corrupt transfer, data loss and other errors.

What happens when you try to just copy the files using the command line? Or when you run rsync with verbose flags?
    Try a verbose rsync dry run and see if something stands out.

Other ideas to try to figure it out:

Check the disks for errors.
    Check the timing, is it exactly 40 minutes every time?
    Is something else happening after 40 minutes, when idle? Check logs.
    Try the same transfer but with both disk as EXT4 or NTFS.
    Try a small rsync job between the disks, even several.
    Try to find if there are some specific files/folders that seems to cause errors.
    Try to throttle rsync and see if that helps.
    Try cleaning the contacts.
    Try with different cables.
    Is something running hot? Try cooling with a fan.
    Try with different (bigger) power supplies.
    Try with better cooling.
    Try with another computer.

• Everything was under a fan temp 47 I am going to go use smb
    from my computer but I am kind of scare since an other PI completely died on me doing this but no fan at this time. I am in a hurry so if i get an error again will check the disk
    I do not know how throttle RSync neither the exact command line for copy my folders without starting all over again.

• I do this Rsync job the execute Rsync job windows freeze after a while I cannot say the exact time, so I push stop, I am able to click run again Nothing happen in the execute Rsync job so if I reboot very often I am losing the web GUI the green LED flash every second like a beacon and that it my only option is to use a backup for the SD since I do not get a web gui.
    Even If I reboot without tempting to stop the execute Rsync job windows no more web gui

Update singe I just got a keyboard was able to login as root although the screen was in emergency mode and I use OMV-firstaid option 2 was able to reboot but do not know what is going on with Rsync?

• Offizieller Beitrag

No idea what is going on, but it seems seriously borked.

Suggestion: Don't use RPI and OMV. It is obviously not working.

Connect the disks to a normal PC and copy the files over. If needed after booting the PC to Linux using a thumb drive. If needed after removing the disks from the USB-case and connecting using SATA.

• No idea what is going on, but it seems seriously borked.

Suggestion: Don't use RPI and OMV. It is obviously not working.

Connect the disks to a normal PC and copy the files over. If needed after booting the PC to Linux using a thumb drive. If needed after removing the disks from the USB-case and connecting using SATA.

Not a problem this card was an an installation upgrade from 3.9 I should get very soon a rockpro in the meantime since finally today I was able get a gui from a fresh install I am going to make a new install

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!