Upgrading from OMV 3 to OMV 4

• Offizieller Beitrag

However, when I install OMV it seems to automatically partition it to around 80GB with couple of smaller and unused partitions. Any idea why this happens?

It should create a partition for the OS and one for the swap. There may be a small amount of unused space at the end if it aligned the partitions.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It should create a partition for the OS and one for the swap. There may be a small amount of unused space at the end if it aligned the partitions.

This swap partition is like 30GB. That's normal? I mean I doubt that I'll ever need that, just curious.

Case: U-NAS NSC-810
    Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
    CPU: Core i7-6700
    Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133

• Offizieller Beitrag

This swap partition is like 30GB. That's normal? I mean I doubt that I'll ever need that, just curious.

Yes. It creates swap the same size as the ram in the box. So, your swap partition is most likely 32 GB.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• This swap partition is like 30GB. That's normal? I mean I doubt that I'll ever need that, just curious.

I run OMV on a box with 16GB of RAM and no swap. I have never had a problem with this configuration.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I run OMV on a box with 16GB of RAM and no swap. I have never had a problem with this configuration.

Most people probably don't even need swap with 4GB ram :)

• I run OMV on a box with 16GB of RAM and no swap. I have never had a problem with this configuration.

Yeah I run 32GB of RAM, I'm not sure why the OMV setup partitioned my HDD in this way.

Most people probably don't even need swap with 4GB ram :)

Is the any way for me to set the size parameters during installation, or for me to resize it post installation?

Case: U-NAS NSC-810
    Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
    CPU: Core i7-6700
    Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yeah I run 32GB of RAM, I'm not sure why the OMV setup partitioned my HDD in this way.

OMV didn't. This is the Debian installer that does this.

Is the any way for me to set the size parameters during installation,

Not with the OMV iso but it is easy with the Debian Stretch iso.

or for me to resize it post installation?

Yep. Remove the swap fstab entry. Boot gparted live on the system. Delete the swap partition and extended partition. Resize the OS partition to use the rest of the space. Boot into OMV.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!