OMV Rpi old images / OMV docker installation fails

• Hi,

(Sorry for duplicating thread but i think i posted in the wrong section)

i installed the new rpi omv image but i keep getting errors duringinstallation. every time i setup docker the installation gives out anerror and i keep getting this notification:

Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/docker'.

Before i got my installation got currupted i had OMV 3.x and everything worked right. I found an image but evertime i flash the system updates itself to 4.x before i can do anything! What am i doing wrong?
    I flash with Etcher.

Thanks for the support

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV3 is End Of Life (EOL). OMV4 works on the RPi.

Make sure to follow the hints here: New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images
    and on the download page of the image.

Do you get this error when installing docker gui or when starting a container?

• I understand that 3.x is EOL but 4.x is forcing me to use docker which i don't know too much.

Anyway i get the error when installing docker gui. I followed instruction on both links you provided. I tried to purge the installation too but that resulted in some errors too

• Offizieller Beitrag

Which docker repo did you enable in omv-extras? Has to be the docker ce repo.

Edit: docker ce seems to be the only docker repo; used to be different

• Installing i get this errors after some unpacking

Then i get the error mentioned above. I installed from Docker CE like you said

• Output of uname -a
    Linux raspberrypi 4.14.34-v7+ #1110 SMP Mon Apr 16 15:18:51 BST 2018 armv7l GNU/
    Linux

Output of dpkg -l | grep openmedia
    ii openmediavault 4.1.12 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    iU openmediavault-docker-gui 4.0.1 all OpenMediaVault plugin for Docker
    ii openmediavault-flashmemory 4.1 all folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-netatalk 4.0.7-1 all OpenMediaVault netatalk (AppleTalk Protocol Suite) plugin
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 4.1.11 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

(thanks for the help btw)

• this is what i get from apt-get install -f

• I can add also that the error i got in the first post does show this details:

Code
    Errore #0:
    OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/docker'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/docker.inc(45): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.do...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(56): OMVModuleDocker->getStatus()
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

I already tried reflashing and trying again a couple times and i get stuck in this exact point every time

• i already tried that and it gives me an error. i tried now again after retaking all the steps and this is what i get from purge:

I can try to install the package via ssh if it is a better way to do it. Edit: tried and i still got

• I managed to get it working. I did a couple of things not sure what did work. One thing that i think changed the errors was installing docker-ce via ssh and then installing docker gui via web gui. I think at least.

I'll mark this as solved. Thanks again for all the help!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!