Ethernet bridge/WiFi repeater-like functionality (for network printer sharing)

• Might have found something on the Pi forum.....you just did brctl addbr br0 after you executed that you should have done brctl addif br0 wlan0 eth0
    Then have a look at this 6th post

I did execute it. Third last line in the screenshot attached above.

The thread also links du the bridging guide, which is not applicable du to that fact that I do not want the RPi du be a WiFi router rather than a client within a network. The same applies for the wpa_supplicant route.

What I still did not see through is the NAT routing though after already following some guides leading to only creating a wifi internet terminal rather than a connection between the wifi and the ethernet network I doubt that it is feasible for this specific use case. Also this is another layer 3 implementation rather when a layer 2 one which I need according to @tkaiser.

Thank you anyway.

––––––

There is also some information on the Pi site

This does look quiet good on first inspection. It's actually bridging but circumventing the direct access to the WiFi adapter. I gonna try tomorrow. Thank you very much.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!