• python3-acme (0.25.1-1~bpo9+1)
    • python3-asn1crypto (0.24.0-1~bpo9+1)
    • python3-certbot (0.25.0-1~bpo9+1)
    • python3-cryptography (2.3-1~bpo9+1)
    • python3-pbr (4.2.0-4~bpo9+2)
    • python3-requests (2.12.4-1)
    • python3-requests-toolbelt (0.7.0-1)
    • python-urllib3 (1.24-1~bpo9+1)

Trouble with them is, I selected them all (as I usually do) and pressed "Upgrade" but instead of them installing I was just met with the following recurring error:

Code
    The following packages have unmet dependencies: python3-requests : Depends: python3-chardet (>= 3.0.2) but 2.3.0-2 is to be installedE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I then tried to install them one by one since they all are still showing up in the update list but now I just get a message saying that the package is already installed: "X is already the newest version -0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded". The only exception to this is "python3-requests (2.12.4-1)" which is still throwing the error about having held broken packages.

I'm not really sure how to proceed with this, somehow the update list got broken by the python3-requests upgrade and now I can't get rid of them anymore from the Update Management -list even though 9 out of 10 packages seem to have installed? And what can I do to fix the python3-chardet issue? I haven't had any issues with updates before today...

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

What does omv-update say?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• What does omv-update say?

Actually, I was able to resolve the issue just now by me selecting and upgrading only "python-urllib3 (1.24-1~bpo9+1)" which made 8 out of 10 stuck updates disappear. I thought I had also tried that one but apparently I hadn't... The 2 remaining ones were then also successfully upgraded when I selected them and pressed "Upgrade". So everything seems to be ok now.

I still tried 'omv-update' just in case and there were no errors. I'll mark the thread as resolved, thanks for your reply though!

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-update would have fixed it then. The problem is that selecting all the packages in the updates tab force apt to install all of those packages. In reality, one of them might have been removed due to dependencies. omv-update (or apt-get upgrade) resolve that properly. I need to add an apt-get upgrade button to omv-extras.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• hi,

i was in the same situation, but doing an upgrade with OMV interface results in removing all packages and now i'm stuck: letsencrypt could not be installed anymore

• Offizieller Beitrag

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!