How do I install remote mount?!?!

• So I'm WAY new to OMV and am trying to setup an rsynch (which I've never done before either) and see that the recommendation is to use remote mount to mount the nas drive and then setup the rsynch to synch between the OMV and NAS, (doing this just for the sake of backup / redundancy).

I found a lot of different articles on what to do to install, including adding "deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmed…evelopers/erasmus-testing {distribution} {components}" to "the repository URLs using the "Software Sources" admin UI:" but has no explanation of where to find 'software sources' in the admin ui.I tried adding it in the 'OMV-Extras' list of repositories, but when I did I started getting an error when tried to 'check for new updates' in plugins.

Could someone let me know what I might be missing? If we're aware of a 'step by step' anywhere I'd love to see it!

And if what I read was wrong, and there is a simpler way to sync the OMV to an off the shelf NAS, I'd love to hear that too!

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I found a lot of different articles on what to do to install, including adding "deb dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-…evelopers/erasmus-testing {distribution} {components}" to "the repository URLs using the "Software Sources" admin UI:" but has no explanation of where to find 'software sources' in the admin ui

You never want to add that repo (it is an omv-extras repo and the distribution/component words would need to be replaced) manually since you can just enable it in omv-extras. Just enable the testing (release candidate) repo in the omv-extras plugin. The plugin is installed just like any other plugin then - from the plugin tab.

There are plenty of good videos that may help in general - Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!