Noob question. SMB shares all good through firewall with Win10, Osx and Android but linux mInt cannot see SMB shares if OMV Firewall Enabled

• First of all, thanks for a great distro. Would never have got this far without it. :thumbup:

Following the helpful advice in this thread http://forums.openmediavault.o…xample-of-OMV-s-firewall/, I managed to get the NAS sharing folders to Win10, Osx and my Android phone through the firewall so thanks for that. The only issue I am having now is that my Mint laptop can only see it if the final 'deny all' rule (and hence the firewall) is disabled and I am not sure what port mint/ubuntu is using to 'see' the smb share on the network. I have not enabled NFS because I don't really know what I am doing .

I tried disabling the ufw firewall on the mint machine but it makes no difference. If I disable the firewall on OMV then mint can see it. If I then re-enable the firewall on OMV then mint can still see it until I reboot mint. All the other operating systems can see it with the OMV firewall on. It is just linux mint that cannot. It is a pretty simple setup but is driving me nuts - a Pi2 running the latest OMV4 Pi img, a single router as the gw and a few shared folders in OMV which are set as 'not public' under the shares tab of the SMB section. I only use it to supplement local storage and transfer files between local machines. It doesn't even need to be anywhere near the internet apart from for updates.

I have attached my iptables. Any help would be greatly appreciated.... So nearly there lol.

• Apologies, the first time I posted I got an error message with a number so I drafted it again. Sorry.

It wasn't the firewall. I can see it by typing smb://ipofnas in Thunar. Just the ups driver driving me nuts now. Was all working fine until I tried to enable notifications and then all hell broke loose with the ups driver reporting errors. Thank God I made a back up. Getting greedy I suppose. I had UPS working but had to go and get fancy and add antivirus and email notifications. Antivirus didn't break it but something to do with notifications seems to have driven nuts... well .... nuts lol. Tried stopping the nuts server and client in shell and then enabling in gui, and even re-installing. Rebooting looked like it was working for a while until I checked the UPS diagnostics, then it had a fhit sit again. Looks like a fallback to a known working image now lol.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!