docker installation gives error

• I watched and applied the steps but each time the docker installation failed.

device: raspberry 3b +
    current version: OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus.img

I couldn't find a solution in the forums. omv updated + ok
    openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all4 I've installed + ok
    docker repo active + okey
    but
    openmediavault-docker-gui 4.0.1 installation is giving an error.
    error picture:

;(
    please help

• do you try to install docker plugin or docker ce plugin?

I checked the above checkbox, started the installation and finished with the following report.

But it is not installed in the list of add-ons. I have to re-install. I'm having the same process again but the result is negative.

• you install WOL = Wake on LAN so it's normal that docker do not work, please select the apropiate docker repo and the apropiate plugin:

1) I used "etcher" and installed OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus.img on the sd card.
    2) I logged in using admin/openmediavault.
    3) I turned on the Docker-CE repo from OMV-Extras.
    4) The Docker-gui installation listed in the plug-ins failed.

• perhaps the same problem that show here??:

Latest Docker plugin update

Docker plugin - After the last update it does not start

but not sure, your error is: can't read /etc/default/docker: No such file or directory

But I do not know why is not written to SD , perhaps owner problem or you do not have enough right to write to sd?.

or perhaps your SD is Read-only

Please revise it.

• it didn't work, i don't know what to do. I've been dealing for days but didn't get positive results.
    Samsung 32 gb class 10 I have a sd card, I write with "etcher" program, do I need to make a different setting for write permission?

• I also have a brand new, clean install of OMV4 - on an Odroid HC1 (XU4) - and I'm getting the same error message as soon as I try to install Docker.

I log in, change my admin password, go to Update Management, check all and update.
    Then I go to the OMV-Extras in the sidebar and update there too.
    Then, and only then, do I highlight the Docker CE repo that's already in there, select 'Edit' and Enable, Save etc.
    This all works fine.

But then I go to Plugins and scroll down to the Docker one - openmediavault-docker-gui 4.1, select it and hit install.

This is when I get the same error message as outlined in the original post on this thread.

Am I doing something wrong? I am very new to OMV but thought I'd followed the instructions pretty well (the much-quoted online tutorial videos appear to be for OMV3, in which OMV-Extras needs to be manually installed - it's there from initial boot-up in the OMV4 image for the Odroid HC1/XU4.

Regards to all,

Discy

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!