Made boot drive too large now wasted space - can it be fixed without starting over

• Hello all,
    OMV noobie here. just installed it for the first time yesterday. I built this on a VM and i unknowingly gave the boot drive a huge 120GB drive and then jumped in and setup shared on a USB bard drive i connected to it and it saw. Today i am realizing the mistake i made of giving the boot drive 120GB and seeing that OMV is barely using 2GB and the other 118GB is useless. i can't create any shared folders on the drive or anything.

is there a way i can reduce the 120GB drive to something like 5 or 10GB and not have to start over? or do i need to just bite the bullet and and blow away the VM and rebuild it?

thanks in advance
    Mike

• Offizieller Beitrag

There are several tools that can fix this. But you must boot from other media so the that the filesystem you want to resize is unmounted.

Most rescue disks include some of these tools. And you can flash to thumbdrive.

parted (Command line)
    gparted (GUI)

Edit:
    Oops! It is a VM, how you resize partitions may differ between different VM systems.

I'd start over...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!