Anyone with experience fo ASRock J4105 or J4005B ITX Mobo

• Hi,

i'm running OMV4 (debian netinst was necessary - couldn't get USB legacy boot working)
    on Asrock J4105-ITX with 1x 4GB (4GB Crucial CT4G4SFS824A DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM CL17 Single)

1x 480 GB SSD für System / Dockers / and CloudData
    2x 8TB HDD --> Raid for DATA / Backup / Dump

• Hi to all
    i'm new here.
    I've a j4105-itx, i want install OMV on this with 4GB ram and a kingston 30GB ssd.
    First attempt to installa OMV is failed and second and third for a uefi.
    After this try i've installed windows 10 without problem, update installed driver ad so on.
    Works well.
    But my goal is to installa OMV. I read this topic and try to install first a debian 9 netinst.
    The installation start, select install, screen goes black and load e module but at tsc service stop the process.
    The cursor blink for some seconds and then lock. The strang things that also led of lan of motherboard fix on.
    Nothing happen if i wait for hours, the unique operationthat i made is to hard poweroff the pc holding power button.
    If i start with live cd of xigmanas start and work, but i want openmedivault installed.
    Please help me.

Sorry for my bad bad bad bad english.

• Offizieller Beitrag

First attempt to installa OMV is failed and second and third for a uefi.

You should be able to disable eufi in the bios and run in legacy.

How are you trying to install from what to what?

• Unfortunately there is no legacy mode - even though its is shown in some of the user manuals

This is from ASRock support.

"Unfortunately legacy boot was and is not supported at all on the Intel Gemini Lake platform. It is not something that we can add in BIOS, not like on older platforms. And it will be the same for Gemini Lake models from other manufacturers. I expect we will see this on all Intel SoC platforms from now on.

No idea why Intel decided to remove legacy boot support…"

---------------

In the end, I did manage to install OMV using Debian 9 to start, although as I am also a beginner I made lots of mistake along the way, but I did get it working in the end.

I tried lots of different versions of Debian 9 installers until I could get one that I could boot to and install from. Even then, I had issues because it kept asking for files from a DVD, and I was installing from a USB drive (I presume you are doing the same)

It would be very useful if someone who knows the exact version to use could link to it, so that anyone with the same problem knows where to go.

• excatly, no support for legacy mode.
    But also with debai there is a mistake.
    the install of debain 9.0.0 or 9.0.6 interrupt, same on centos7, same ubuntu/ubyntu server. Only start a live of xigmanas.
    I don't think that is broken motherboard because windows 10 works.
    It seems trhere's a driver issue but it's only my opinion.
    But, how can solve?

• Offizieller Beitrag

When booting one of the installers, hit tab to edit the boot parameters and try disabling the framebuffer by adding fb=false.

If that doesn't work, you probably need a newer kernel than is on the ISO. If you have another system, you could install OMV on the drive, update it to get the 4.18 kernel, move it to the problematic system, and run omv-firstaid.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

nothing, i try to install debian on a vm with uefi bios and than clone todisk and move to j4105 but nothing, stop boot after boot menu.

Can you boot systemrescuecd on the system? Maybe use the safe boot settings? If so, then you would be able to debootstrap the system - [GUIDE] DEBOOTSTRAP: Installing Debian into a folder in a running system

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks at all, i mabe found the problem just 5 minute ago.
    When on mobo attach the dvd-rom slim on sata AS they work bad. This also if i boot from a usb.
    I think some conflict.
    Now i boot form usb without a dvd.rom and install is complete (repeat 3 times to be sure)
    Now i try to install OMV.
    Tahnks at all again

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!