Latest Docker plugin update

• I've been testing cockpit for months on my omv test VM. It doesn't seem to have any docker features that I can find. It is more for managing one or more machines. Maybe it has more features when running on redhat machines but it is pretty spares on Debian.

The link to the article shows how to set up dockers. Make Container Management Easy With Cockpit

It looks like you have been busy while I have be gone. Nice Work!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The link to the article shows how to set up dockers.

Either it doesn't have that option on Debian or my install needs to be updated because I don't see any container option.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have it installed. You just need to follow the directions above to add it.

I didn't realize there was a bunch of cockpit packages. I didn't have cockpit-docker installed. So, I looked to see what other packages there are. I saw some good ones and installed them: cockpit-docker cockpit-machines cockpit-packagekit cockpit-storaged

Needless to say, I am impressed. The virtual machine section is a very good frontend for kvm. Just need to install a few other things: apt-get install virtinst qemu-kvm qemu-utils and I have a VM running with an excellent web console (see attached pic) :) Some more testing and I might be recommending this instead of virtualbox. The container stuff is very good as well. Simple to use and adds the ports/volumes automatically.

Hell, with the storage plugin, it does a lot of what OMV does. I think people will probably like the terminal emulator. I installed cockpit on a second VM and was easily able to add it to the first cockpit instance. Pretty cool managing both machines from one interface. I will be playing with this a lot more...

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• I didn't realize there was a bunch of cockpit packages. I didn't have cockpit-docker installed. So, I looked to see what other packages there are. I saw some good ones and installed them: cockpit-docker cockpit-machines cockpit-packagekit cockpit-storaged
    Needless to say, I am impressed. The virtual machine section is a very good frontend for kvm. Just need to install a few other things: apt-get install virtinst qemu-kvm qemu-utils and I have a VM running with an excellent web console (see attached pic) :) Some more testing and I might be recommending this instead of virtualbox. The container stuff is very good as well. Simple to use and adds the ports/volumes automatically.

Hell, with the storage plugin, it does a lot of what OMV does. I think people will probably like the terminal emulator. I installed cockpit on a second VM and was easily able to add it to the first cockpit instance. Pretty cool managing both machines from one interface. I will be playing with this a lot more...

Yes, it could solve some of the problems of omv. It is not perfect, but it is a simple alternative.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, it could solve some of the problems of omv. It is not perfect, but it is a simple alternative.

Just wanted to let you know that adding that PPA is not needed. It is out of date and the package in its repo is older than what's in the stretch-backports repo.

• Offizieller Beitrag

May it cause issues if users are managed from Cockpit and OMV?

It shouldn't be too bad unless you remove a user and they have permissions assigned to shared folders. Otherwise, adding users shouldn't hurt anything.

• @TechnoDadLife

I followed your video on YouTube

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

But I can not login to Cockpit. It will not accept any user:password combination including the root user. It just says permission denied.

Any ideas?

SOLVED

Problem:

Nov 25 21:55:36 omv cockpit-session[929]: pam_shells(cockpit:account): /etc/shells is either world writable or not a normal file

Solution:

sudo chmod 644 /etc/shells

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• Hello TenoDaddy right away I ran into a problem do you know what is the problem?
    I double checked the spelling apt-get install virtinst qemu-kvm qemu-utils

Code
    root@rockpro64:~# apt-get install virtinst qemu-kvm qemu-utils
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package qemu-kvm is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

E: Package 'qemu-kvm' has no installation candidate
  • Hello TenoDaddy right away I ran into a problem do you know what is the problem?
    I double checked the spelling apt-get install virtinst qemu-kvm qemu-utils

Code
    root@rockpro64:~# apt-get install virtinst qemu-kvm qemu-utils
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package qemu-kvm is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

E: Package 'qemu-kvm' has no installation candidate

It could be that it is not in the arm repo. Anybody have an arm machine up and running?

• Offizieller Beitrag

It could be that it is not in the arm repo. Anybody have an arm machine up and running?

qemu-kvm is an i386/amd64 package only (not sure why) - https://packages.debian.org/se…n=names&keywords=qemu-kvm

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!