Latest Docker plugin update

• Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; docker images 2>&1' with exit code '1': Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running? in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(1534): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->getDockerRepo(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getDockerRepo', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'getDockerRepo', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

Well I also have some Error ... I hope that the fix will arrive soon enough...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well I also have some Error ... I hope that the fix will arrive soon enough...

Revert back to docker 18.06 if you need it now. Docker plugin - After the last update it does not start

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just saw your commit on omv-docker-gui's repo. Shouldn't you lock docker-ce dependency to 2018.09 instead of happily allowing newer major versions? This should prevent problems like this in the future, where an unknown update of a dependency breaks many users OMV configurations. Obviously, this will lock users to the "last known-to-be-working version", but this seems like a better approach than "be up to date and potentially break things".

It isn't locked to that version. It requires that 18.09 or newer.
    docker-ce (>= 18.09)

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

That's what I said. I've proposed to LOCK IT to that version, not the other way around.

My mistake. I read that backwards and thought you were saying I shouldn't lock it. I'm scrambling to fix this and reading everything too fast.

While it would make sense to lock it, most people would complain since docker updates often. most updates don't break the plugin (first in at least a year). What really needs to be done is someone needs to be maintaining the plugin and testing against a pre-release docker repo.

Otherwise, this just helps the idea of getting rid of the plugin in favor of portainer.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What's more, this approach gives you, the maintainer of the plugin, enough time to accommodate to any changes in your free time, on your own terms.

I won't push this discussion any further, and obviously I have no way to force you into this approach, so you'll do as you think is the best. But still... please reconsider my proposal for the sake of project's stability.
    BTW, I'm not trying to distract you from fixing the problem, just trying to prevent same "disaster" in the future while it's still time to take notes from this accident.

Like I said, I agree with you but I'm not the maintainer (just the only one who can fix this crisis right now I guess) and I don't want to be the one who has to update the plugin every time a quarterly release is out. I will change it in a bit.

• ryecoaaron
    Just had a look at the demo of portainer and imho it's somewhat of an overkill. Seems to be really sophisticated but on the other hand far to complex for the average user running one or two docker containers. In addition to that one has yet again another UI to open and check and you're not able to see if the service is running from within the OMV gui.
    I'm aware that it's a lot of work to maintain that much plugins and Portainer is the way to go if you can't maintain them all anymore.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just had a look at the demo of portainer and imho it's somewhat of an overkill.

Personally, I think the plugin is overkill for one or two containers as well.

In addition to that one has yet again another UI to open and check

Most people are using dockers for services that have UIs.

you're not able to see if the service is running from within the OMV gui.

Why not? You don't need an entire plugin just to get a service status. My plan was to add a button to install docker and portainer to omv-extras. I could very easily add the code to show the docker status.

I'm aware that it's a lot of work to maintain that much plugins and Portainer is the way to go if you can't maintain them all anymore.

Unfortunately, that is the situation. I really would like to do much less. I think once people are used to Portainer, it wouldn't be so scary. Some of the addition features might even come in handy. Plus, the stability would be much better.

• Why not? You don't need an entire plugin just to get a service status. My plan was to add a button to install docker and portainer to omv-extras. I could very easily add the code to show the docker status.

And maybe a link to the UI in the services section of OMV gui?

While playing around with Portainer I'm sure it'll work as well as the plugin. With a little tutorial most people will get the hang of it. And you're right, the plugin is not easy to understand, too.

• Offizieller Beitrag

And maybe a link to the UI in the services section of OMV gui?

I could probably do that.

With a little tutorial most people will get the hang of it.

I think technodadlife did a good job on this video of using it - Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

• I could probably do that.

I think technodadlife did a good job on this video of using it - Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

There are other docker alternatives out there. I'll look at them when I come back. I'll have limited internet for the next 10 days. I found these after a brief search. https://alternative.me/portainer

• Offizieller Beitrag

There are other docker alternatives out there. I'll look at them when I come back. I'll have limited internet for the next 10 days. I found these after a brief search.

Just to save you some time... Rancher isn't really an alternative. It is for kubernetes which is also on the list. It was a while ago but I tried shipyard and it isn't wasn't as good as portainer. Maybe it is better. Not sure I have seen any other web interfaces.

• There are other docker alternatives out there. I'll look at them when I come back. I'll have limited internet for the next 10 days. I found these after a brief search. https://alternative.me/portainer

So far I only can find two alternatives to Portainer (Kitematic and Dockstation don't have a web interface afaik).
    1. Rancher

2. Kubernetes
    Rancher and Kubernetes seem to be absolutely overkill.

The advantage of Portainer is, that it runs as docker container.

• Update to openmediavault-docker-gui_4.0.4_all.deb fixes it for me too.

Maybe you can apply the fix needed to increase the contrast in the log viewer before releasing?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Just to save you some time... Rancher isn't really an alternative. It is for kubernetes which is also on the list. It was a while ago but I tried shipyard and it isn't wasn't as good as portainer. Maybe it is better. Not sure I have seen any other web interfaces.

Looks like Portainer is the only alternative right now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe you can apply the fix needed to increase the contrast in the log viewer before releasing?

The version I pushed should have it. Browser cache?

Here is the version I intend to put in the repo unless someone finds something wrong - http://omv-extras.org/testing/…lt-docker-gui_4.1_all.deb

• The version I pushed should have it. Browser cache?
    Here is the version I intend to put in the repo unless someone finds something wrong - http://omv-extras.org/testing/…lt-docker-gui_4.1_all.deb

I tried clearing the browser cache and also tried using a browser that has never visited OMV. Neither improved the contrast. Same problem with the previously posted edits to some files that were supposed to fix it. I tried again after upgrading to openmediavault-docker-gui_4.1_all.deb, no change.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried clearing the browser cache and also tried using a browser that has never visited OMV. Neither improved the contrast. Same problem with the previously posted edits to some files that were supposed to fix it. I tried again after upgrading to openmediavault-docker-gui_4.1_all.deb, no change.

Did you try the apt clean button in omv-extras to clear the server side javascript cache?

Attached is pic of mine

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!