Latest Docker plugin update

• Just updated my OMV installation (4.1.13-1 - using 4.18.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 Kernel), and now my Docker plugin won't run. The following error is generated when attempting to enable the plugin:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl stop 'docker.socket' 2>&1' with exit code '5': Failed to stop docker.socket: Unit docker.socket not loaded.

and details:

Error #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl stop 'docker.socket' 2>&1' with exit code '5': Failed to stop docker.socket: Unit docker.socket not loaded. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(86): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 5)#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(153): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('stop', NULL, false)#2 /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php(92): OMV\System\SystemCtl->stop()#3 /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php(531): OMVModuleDockerUtil::stopDockerService()#4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(1205): OMVModuleDockerUtil::changeDockerSettings(Array, 42005, '')#5 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->setSettings(Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setSettings', Array, Array)#8 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'setSettings', Array, Array, 1)#9 {main}

systemctl status docker.service generates the following:

docker.service - Docker Application Container Engine
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/docker.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d
    └─openmediavault.conf
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2018-11-07 21:21:54 EST; 4s ago
    Docs: https://docs.docker.com
    Process: 2843 ExecStart=/usr/bin/dockerd -H fd:// $DOCKER_OPTS $OMVDOCKER_API $OMVDOCKER_IMAGE_PATH (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    Main PID: 2843 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    CPU: 65ms

Nov 07 21:21:52 omv4 systemd[1]: docker.service: Unit entered failed state.
    Nov 07 21:21:52 omv4 systemd[1]: docker.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
    Nov 07 21:21:54 omv4 systemd[1]: docker.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
    Nov 07 21:21:54 omv4 systemd[1]: Stopped Docker Application Container Engine.
    Nov 07 21:21:54 omv4 systemd[1]: docker.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
    Nov 07 21:21:54 omv4 systemd[1]: Failed to start Docker Application Container Engine.
    Nov 07 21:21:54 omv4 systemd[1]: docker.service: Unit entered failed state.
    Nov 07 21:21:54 omv4 systemd[1]: docker.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

I've rebooted the server, and tried a few troubleshooting steps listed in other threads, to no avail. What am I missing? Currently my whole home automation system and all media services are currently dead due to this issue. Please help!

• Similar here. There was three udates for docker available under the update management tab, and after the updates, I get this error now. Saw another user on the discord today with docker erros also, so it appears not to be isolated.

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; docker images 2>&1' with exit code '1': Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?

Update edit: after running "systemctl status docker.service" the output is the same as stickynickel posted.

• Also the same.
    And now I can't even (re)install the plugin neither on a virtual machine or on the server.

6.0.39-1 (Shaitan) | 64 bit | Linux 5.18.0-0.deb11.4-amd64 | Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v2 @ 2.60GHz | 32GB ECC RDIMM

• Offizieller Beitrag

did nobody test this plugin before..

The plugin hasn't been updated in a year... This is something else. My test machine is still working. I will need to try to replicate this.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The plugin hasn't been updated in a year...

There was an update. I saw it today and after the update docker didn't start anymore. Only by changing the fix, posted here something with ..UNIX:... and a reboot started docker and the containers again

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Offizieller Beitrag

@ryecoaaron if this helps

However, if I run journalctl -xe a second time the output is this;

• Offizieller Beitrag

There was an update. I saw it today and after the update docker didn't start anymore. Only by changing the fix, posted here something with ..UNIX:... and a reboot started docker and the containers again

The *plugin* has not been updated. A new docker package (2018.09 over 2018.06) was released and it is causing this. I didn't know it was coming so there was no way to fix it. The plugin needs to be updated (no docker.socket unit) not just changing the systemd override file.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• @geaves

This is my output of "docker info" and I've changed to unix to. Maybe you made a typo because it shows 3 slashes ("/") after "unix:" Please check your correction again.

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is the output of docker info after the new docker ce install

Yep, I can replicate it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!