Docker plugin - After the last update it does not start

• Offizieller Beitrag

Scratch the above by running dpkg -l | grep -i docker, displayed docker-ce, docker-ce-cli and the plugin as being present, remove the plugin from the gui, then docker-ce and docker-ce-cli from the cli -> apt clean, reinstalled plugin and it's running :thumbup:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Whilst I have this resolved and it's now running and containers reinstalled, I found something I can't explain thanks to Cockpit. Looking in Cockpit -> Services -> Sockets I find dcoker.socket not-found/inactive (dead) not found (Reason: No such file or directory)

Does this mean that this is no longer being used or it simply, for whatever reason has not been installed?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Looking in Cockpit -> Services -> Sockets I find dcoker.socket not-found/inactive (dead) not found (Reason: No such file or directory)

Does this mean that this is no longer being used or it simply, for whatever reason has not been installed?

docker.socket was removed as of 18.09. That is why I had to make the emergency plugin change. The version of cockpit from the debian repo hasn't been changed to reflect this.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hello,
    just noticed that i have the same problem as described at the beginning of this thread.
    Just to recap before i make a mistake:
    Deinstall the docker plugin -> in the plugins section of omv
    Reinstall with the version that ryecoaaron posted on page 3?

Thanks for your help!

• I don't think you want to uninstall the plugin unless you want all of your configurations and containers wiped out. Just update it from the repo.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Reinstall with the version that ryecoaaron posted on page 3?

The version to install should be in the repo. No need to download anything I posted in previous posts.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Some problems with docker here as well. After some problems with my 3.x setup I took the bite and updated (i.e. clean install) to OMV4. Due to some deprecated plugins I started using docker. Created some containers, which were runnign well after I got the hang of directory mapping from container to container.

However, all of a sudden, without any intervention from myself (at least none that I know of), no update, no manual edits to anything, docker won't run anymore.

OpenMediaVault 4.1.14, latest Docker UI plugin (4.1), docker-ce 18.09.0-3-0. Other plug-ins: unionfs, snapraid (not yet used, just installed plugin). Running in ESXi 6.0 update 3.

Symptoms:

- when shutting Debian down, it always says: "A stop job is running for Docker Application Container Engine (x min/no limit)" => will never time out, only hard power off will help
    - when restarting OMV and going to the docker plugin page it just hangs at 'loading' and after a while a "Gateway error" pops up.
    - Simple 'docker' commands on the CLI fail without any output.

Outputs:

ps aux | grep docker

systemctl status docker (shows 'activating' for eternity):

Portions of the syslog with containerd & dockerd: https://pastebin.com/esaRNRfQ

Any ideas short of reinstalling the docker plugin (don't want to lose all containers...)?

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Cantello () aus folgendem Grund: added system specs

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!