Docker plugin - After the last update it does not start

• In my case I only updated Docker without removing it and then corrected etc/systemd/system / docker.service.d / openmediavault.conf, I restarted Docker and everything is back as before without losing any image. Thanks for the quick solution

• I had this problem this morning too after the docker update.

I removed the openmediavault-docker-gui 4.0.1 plugin using the GUI. Downloaded the 4.0.4 version @ryecoaaron posted earlier, and uploaded it from the Plugins page, installed the resulting plugin and everything went back to normal...

Thanks a million!

If I knew it was that simple :thumbup:

Everything's working normal again!

Thanks,
    Frepke

HP t630 Thin Cliënt (AMD Embedded G-Series GX-420GI | QuadCore | 8GB)
    7.0.4-2 (Sandworm) | 64 bit | pve-kernel-6.5 | omvextrasorg 7.0

• Hello everyone,
    I am still having trouble after updating docker plugin.
    Right now I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin from the repo and modified the file:

Code
    /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d$ cat openmediavault.conf

[Service]
    EnvironmentFile=-/etc/default/docker
    ExecStart=
    ExecStart=/usr/bin/dockerd -H unix:///var/run/docker.sock $DOCKER_OPTS \
        $OMVDOCKER_IMAGE_PATH

Did I do anything wrong?

I have tried rebooting and clearing cache (and other browser).
    Here below the current messages I have when I try to activate Docker:

Anybody has hints?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did I do anything wrong?

I haven't updated the plugin in the repo yet. Use the version I posted for testing - http://omv-extras.org/testing/…lt-docker-gui_4.1_all.deb

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• That worked for me. Thanks for the fix ryecoaaron. For others wondering step by step....download the deb file, upload it in the plugins tab, then go to the updates management tab and select the update. Clear browser cache and you should be good. All of my previous running containers fired right back up. Thanks again for the fix.

• Offizieller Beitrag

That worked for me. Thanks for the fix ryecoaaron. For others wondering step by step....download the deb file, upload it in the plugins tab, then go to the updates management tab and select the update. Clear browser cache and you should be good. All of my previous running containers fired right back up. Thanks again for the fix.

With that last comfirmation, I have put the update in the repo. So, people should be able to update from the Updates tab now (after clicking Check).

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Thank you @ryecoaaron I have uploaded your plugin and installed it. I've also cleared cache but I still have this issue:

the file /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d/openmediavault.conf is still the same as my post above.
    Should I revert it to what it was before?

EDIT: it works now!
    1) uninstall docker
    2) refresh plugin page
    3) install plugin
    4) clear cache
    5) re-configure docker base path
    6) everything works!

• I still had errors after updating the plug-in. Docker refused to start. I had to manually remove the directory /run/docker.sock/.

Code
    rm -r /run/docker.sock

After that docker started with no problems.

Code
    systemctl start docker.service

Everything is fine now for me.

• I had not previously tried any manual fixing, but decided to wait for an update:

I just now updated the docker plugin via the GUI, and presto. everything works again. Not even a reboot required.

Thanks for the speedy resolve!

• I haven't updated the plugin in the repo yet. Use the version I posted for testing - http://omv-extras.org/testing/…lt-docker-gui_4.1_all.deb

I'm guessing I should hold off a few days on updating this then? I just got OMV 4 up and running last weekend, as well as my ruTorrent image w/ over 600 torrents. I really do not want to have to re-check all these torrents again....

Also, is there a way to back up docker images? I'm really in love with the current ruTorrent image that I'm running and want to back up that specific image in case things go wrong and need to be re-installed.

Case: U-NAS NSC-810
    Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
    CPU: Core i7-6700
    Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm guessing I should hold off a few days on updating this then? I just got OMV 4 up and running last weekend, as well as my ruTorrent image w/ over 600 torrents. I really do not want to have to re-check all these torrents again....

I uploaded the update (see post #70) and it is in the repo. People have had good luck with it. The only person who lost their dockers was someone who purged the plugin and docker packages.

Also, is there a way to back up docker images?

Backing up your system should save it but should always be able to specify the specific version of the dockerfile to recreate it.

• Mine is borked too and I can't even remove docker properly. Even after uninstalling it via the GUI, I'm stuck with an entry under services and I can enter it and enable it, which throws an error message. How can I purge Docker properly?
    This is the first real problem I've had with OMV and it's one I have no idea how to even start to fix.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is the first real problem I've had with OMV and it's one I have no idea how to even start to fix.

I've had that when removing plugins, I usually start with apt-clean from omv-extras, if that doesn't sort it a clearing the browser cache is the next option.

• I've had that when removing plugins, I usually start with apt-clean from omv-extras, if that doesn't sort it a clearing the browser cache is the next option.

That did the trick, thanks

OMV 6.x, Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi, i7-6700K@3GHz, 16GB DDR4-3000, 4x 4TB Toshiba N300, 1x 60GB Corsair GT SSD (OS drive), 10Gbps Aquantia Ethernet

• With that last comfirmation, I have put the update in the repo. So, people should be able to update from the Updates tab now (after clicking Check).

@ryecoaaron Thanks for the fix! Today I installed all the docker updates including the new version of the omv-docker-plugin. Everything works as expected by the first try. :D

Thanks and regards Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• @ryecoaaron First of all, thank you for all the support you give out. Your time is valuable and I recognise the time you put in here.

I ran the update Sunday evening and also ran into an issue with Docker losing all images and running containers. I can the path I have set in the updated 4.1 plugin to be correct (/sharedfolders/docker) and the containers are still there. However, the images and containers are simply not showing.

Docker is running with the following status

Versions are:

Code
    dpkg -l | grep docker
    ii  docker-ce                        5:18.09.0~3-0~debian-stretch   amd64        Docker: the open-source application container engine
    ii  docker-ce-cli                    5:18.09.0~3-0~debian-stretch   amd64        Docker CLI: the open-source application container engine
    ii  openmediavault-docker-gui        4.1                            all          OpenMediaVault plugin for Docker

Not sure whats going on here but would be great if you could point out a path to resolution.

Many thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure whats going on here but would be great if you could point out a path to resolution.

This really shouldn't happen unless you remove the plugin from the web interface (which would purge docker) and then re-install. Without seeing the output from the actual upgrade, it is hard to say what happened. What is the output of: cat /var/log/apt/term.log

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!