Docker plugin - After the last update it does not start

• Offizieller Beitrag

pastebin.com/4Zw0kdJE

At the time below, you removed the plugin (guessing from the web interface) and this removed the plugin settings and docker which removed your dockers. There is nothing we can do to prevent losing your containers when this happens.
    Log started: 2018-11-11 19:14:23
    Removing openmediavault-docker-gui (4.1) ...
    Removing docker-ce (5:18.09.0~3-0~debian-stretch) ...

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• At the time below, you removed the plugin (guessing from the web interface) and this removed the plugin settings and docker which removed your dockers. There is nothing we can do to prevent losing your containers when this happens.Log started: 2018-11-11 19:14:23
    Removing openmediavault-docker-gui (4.1) ...
    Removing docker-ce (5:18.09.0~3-0~debian-stretch) ...

OK, no worries, thanks again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a way to resolve it and load the service automatically again?

Did you try disableing and then re-enabling the plugin? Otherwise, systemctl enable docker.service should do it. If that doesn't do, what is the output of: journalctl -u docker.service

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Did you try disableing and then re-enabling the plugin? Otherwise, systemctl enable docker.service should do it. If that doesn't do, what is the output of: journalctl -u docker.service

I tried Disable and Enable but it didn't solve it. I did systemctl enable docker.service it worked but still after Restart it didn't load. The output is:

• Continue of output:

• Offizieller Beitrag

In that output, I don't see any reason the service wouldn't start unless that is the output after you manually start it.

• Anyone else unable to do dns name lookups from a docker container anymore?

I got my emby docker container working again but noticed that it's unable to check for updates, or download movie metadata from external sites.

• No DNS problems here that I can see. My Plex docker is able to grab metadata from external sites and check for updates.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• In that output, I don't see any reason the service wouldn't start unless that is the output after you manually start it.

I have restarted the system and the docker didn't load, i ran: journalctl -u docker.service
    and this is the result:

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# journalctl -u docker.service
    -- No entries --

After I run manually: systemctl enable docker.service it is still not loading, it show:

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# systemctl enable docker.service
    Synchronizing state of docker.service with SysV service script with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install.
    Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable docker

and journalctl -u docker.service still gives:

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# journalctl -u docker.service
    -- No entries --

How can I make it load automatically?

• Offizieller Beitrag

How can I make it load automatically?

All of that "should" make it load automatically. Your journalctl output isn't much help. Maybe your storage isn't ready when docker is starting?

• Anyone else unable to do dns name lookups from a docker container anymore?

I got my emby docker container working again but noticed that it's unable to check for updates, or download movie metadata from external sites.

Yep, me...

After the recent issues with the update I also found that since the reinstallation of docker and the OMV plugin 4.1 docker would come back up.

All my docker container configs were still intact and so I simply spun back up the images in the same location on my media drive (configs are in home drive) and ran into a user permissions issue. Solved that by removing noexec from the fstab file and once the containers came back up they loaded the existing configs fine however the containers were unable to see out (could not resolve). Here now looking for answers.

@ryecoaaron Any ideas on this issue?

Many thanks.

Edit: I'm guessing the bridge mode is borked but have no idea how to reset.

Edit: Both Host AND Bridge have issues.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any ideas on this issue?

Not really. I actually don't use this plugin or docker other than testing.

• Hey all,

I have had similar issues

unable to uninstall so tried to delete the docker files and then apt-get clean hoping that i could just then re-install docker from scratch but to no avail.

Still get the api-port error

Apt-get clean keeps giving the below

>>> *************** Error ***************
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-aptclean ': 1. Cleaning apt cache files...
    <<< *************************************

repeats it over and over.

Any help to fully purge docker so i can start again would be appreciated

I fear i may have broken something and don't really want to re-install OMV but will if i have to

OMV 4.1.26-1 (Arrakis)
    HP Proliant Microserver Gen 8
    Intel Celeron CPU G1610T
    8GB ECC RAM

• This issue has me completely stumped, and I'm hoping the folks here can help out.

In case the background is helpful, I initially just went through what I thought was the normal process:

• Turn on Docker CE in OMV-Extras
    • Install the Docker Plugin

But that generated the error that kicked off this thread.

After that, I've uninstalled the plugin, turned off Docker CE in OMV-Extras, I've run apt clean, updated, upgraded, ensured what I think to be the main Docker components are uninstalled by running dpkg -l | grep docker (it showed nothing was there), then did steps 1 and 2 above again in an incognito window of a different browser (hoping to avoid the caching issue). But that's all been to no avail.

I'm happy to run any commands or diagnostics that may help with troubleshooting. For now, here are some that may be helpful...

Error generated when I click on Docker under the Services group:

"Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; docker images 2>&1' with exit code '1': Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?"

Details of that error:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; docker images 2>&1' with exit code '1': Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running? in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(1543): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->getDockerRepo(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getDockerRepo', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'getDockerRepo', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

There's a line in the plugin installation that caught my attention:

Code
    sed: can't read /etc/default/docker: No such file or directory

Is that how the installation usually proceeds, or does that jump out to you as an area of concern?

Apologies for the wordiness. I hoped erring on the side of extra detail would help the community more easily help me. If there's anything else I can provide, I'll be happy to whip it up.

Thanks a lot in advance!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is this an RPi?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yep, it's an RPi.

Yuck... Try touching the file as root with touch /etc/default/docker and then apt-get -f install. If that still fails with an error about starting the docker service, reboot and try apt-get -f install again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!