Docker plugin - After the last update it does not start

• Seeing this too :(

• Managed to fix it by replacing "-H fd://" with "-H unix://" in /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d/openmediavault.conf

#metoo

thanks for the tip. Could docker to run again :thumbup:

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• still error Failed to stop docker.socket: Unit docker.socket not loaded.

DId the change but still getting the error:
    Can you please explain the whole steps like disable plugin, modify the line, enable plugin?

Still getting:

Source Code
    Edit Source Code

• Error #0:
    • OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl stop 'docker.socket' 2>&1' with exit code '5': Failed to stop docker.socket: Unit docker.socket not loaded. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182
    • Stack trace:
    • #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(86): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 5)
    • #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(153): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('stop', NULL, false)
    • #2 /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php(92): OMV\System\SystemCtl->stop()
    • #3 /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php(531): OMVModuleDockerUtil::stopDockerService()
    • #4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(1205): OMVModuleDockerUtil::changeDockerSettings(Array, 42005, '/srv/dev-disk-b...')
    • #5 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->setSettings(Array, Array)
    • #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    • #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setSettings', Array, Array)
    • #8 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'setSettings', Array, Array, 1)
    • #9 {main}

openmediavaulkt.conf looks like:

Source Code
    Edit Source Code

• [Service]
    • EnvironmentFile=-/etc/default/docker
    • ExecStart=
    • ExecStart=/usr/bin/dockerd -H unix:// $DOCKER_OPTS \
    • $OMVDOCKER_API \
    • $OMVDOCKER_IMAGE_PATH

Thanks for your help!

• For me the problem the mentioned change fixed the issue that the service did not start.

So now the docker service is OK again.

The openmediavaut-docker-gui is still having problems but all my containers are running again.
    Maybe you have the same problem?

For me after changing the conf-file I had to run:
    service stop docker
    systemctl daemon-reload
    service start docker

And to check if that helped
    docker container ls

• Thanks for your help but it's still not working:

container ls:
    CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES

When enabling plugin i get:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl stop 'docker.socket' 2>&1' with exit code '5': Failed to stop docker.socket: Unit docker.socket not loaded.

Is there a way to completly and clenly uninstall docker?

• I did an uninstall and reinstall for the openmediavault-docker-gui via the "Erweiterungen" page in the omv-gui. Should be "Add-Ons" or similar.
    But that threw some errors for the openmediavault-docker-gui ("Bad Gateway").

Maybe you could try it as well.
    Uninstall
    Reinstall
    "service docker stop"
    make the change to the conf-file
    "systemctl daemon-reload"
    "service docker start"
    "docker container ls" (after giving some time to start the containers and if no errors accured)

At least this is what I did after getting the same errors as you before.
    But I am not sure what exactly helped here.

• Getting this when reinstalling plugin:

No luck with your steps :(

Thanks for your hint

• Same issue here. Even from a clean install. :(

• Hi,

I have the same problem.

Docker is started, all containers are up and running. Docker can not be activated in the GUI.

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl stop 'docker.socket' 2>&1' with exit code '5': Failed to stop docker.socket: Unit docker.socket not loaded.

• Actually none of my dockers are running.

• The same here, docker is up and running with all the containers but I cannot manage it with the GUI due to that error.

It seems that omv cannot execute: systemctl stop 'docker.socket' but is ok if you try with systemctl stop 'docker' from cli

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Ciccius () aus folgendem Grund: Adding infos

• Offizieller Beitrag

My test machine is still working. I will need to try to replicate this. No need to update that people's systems aren't working until I look into this more. No idea what update did this but it isn't the plugin.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!