[RESOLVED] Install OMV 0.5 Package Error

• I'm trying a new fresh install of OMV with the most recent version 0.5, but I recieve a package manager error while there are no network issues.
    How can I solve this? Because when I choose the package manager from the setup option the error occurs, and I can't change anything.
    The setup is running from USB with UNetbootin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What exactly is the package manager error?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ich schau mal in die Kristallkugel, was das sein könnte ... bitte mehr Infos
    I'm looking in the chrystal ball, what's the error ... please provide as much info as possible

• @Solo: Die gute alte Kristallkugel, sollte man als Supporter immer zur Hand haben!

Gruß
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• In the syslog i see the following error during the install:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you doing something out of the ordinary when installing? You shouldn't even see anything about the package manager when installing. If you are going to add extra packages, it should be done after installing omv.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

Are you doing something out of the ordinary when installing? You shouldn't even see anything about the package manager when installing. If you are going to add extra packages, it should be done after installing omv.

I've done the following steps:

I've found something on the error message "Configuring 'apt-setup-udeb' failed with error code 127", and now i\m trying to copy all the files from filesystem.squashfs to the root of the USB.
    http://askubuntu.com/questions…apt-configuration-problem

• Offizieller Beitrag

I wouldn't use unetbootin. Use dd or win32diskimager

• Offizieller Beitrag

Good to hear :)

• I thought I will just confirm that I had the same problem:
    1) used UnetBootIn from Linux to install the iso onto a USB stick
    2) my installation gets stuck at package manager update download - error being 'download failed'
    3) If I skip that step, I get stuck at a subsequent step 'grub-pc' installation failed

Reading a suggestion posted above, I tried using 'win32diskimager' from windows and the installation finished smoothly and succeeded without any errors.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!