Sharing to windows works until i add a user then i get asked for credentials

• I am sorry if this is a very basic question but i have watched all the setup videos and did the same things but am getting different results.

so i installed OMV and never added a user. i setup the shares and setup SMB and tested with windows. no issues i could access all the shares and no passwords were needed. I then watched videos and noticed that i never setup a user. so i added a user and gave the user and saved him. now all of a sudden all my windows boxes that were accessing shares without issues are now all asking me for credentials. all the shares are open to guests and were created with everyone having read/write. now if i delete the user, my shares are all accessible by windows again without asking for credentials.

i know i did something wrong, i just dont know what it is. can someone please help?

• Take a look at this -> post.
    It should get you and your LAN users into OMV's shares with at least reasonable security.

thanks alot!!! i cannot believe it but it seems my whole issues was that my user name in windows started with capital letter and the username i created in OMV was without a capital letter.... i forget that unix is case sensitive with both

thanks for your help

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!