Different Micro sd size

• Just wondering how to do this since if I have 16GB SD and if I want to create a backup on 32 GB with disk32 disk imager I cannot reuse the smaller size since the system expand into the all unused area as soon I will use the bigger SD.
    is there a solution?

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV doesn't expand the rootfs to fill the available space. Only to 7-8GB. So it should work perfectly to restore the rootfs from a 32GB card to a 16GB card or the other way around, if you don't manually resize the rootfs. I do this, and it works fine.

Just make sure to use a tool that doesn't image the whole card, but only the actual partitions.

• OMV doesn't expand the rootfs to fill the available space. Only to 7-8GB. So it should work perfectly to restore the rootfs from a 32GB card to a 16GB card or the other way around, if you don't manually resize the rootfs. I do this, and it works fine.

Just make sure to use a tool that doesn't image the whole card, but only the actual partitions.

Actually i got a deal on much bigger size A2 card! so what tool would you recommend since I think but not sure Win32 Disk Imager wont do that even if we check mark: "Read only Allocated partition"?

Actually got an other question in relation to the subject: how to make a system drive back up directly from OMV, I believe clonezilla is not compatible with ARM board?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Read only allocated partition should do it. But I don't use Windows, so I can't test it.

I remove the SD card and use a Linux Laptop with a SD card reader to back it up.

I use a script, and dd and partclone. It only copies the partitions. There are other tools that do the same.

I agree it would have been great if you could backup/restore the rootfs from OMV.

See: New to OMV and Linux

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!