Headless Install No Network Interface enp0s3 eth0

• Hello,

i need help.

I´ve got an Acer Easystore H340 (i now) and want to bring OMV 4 up on it.
    Due to the server is headless, i prepare the hard disk on my pc via VirtualBox and then put the drive into the H340 to boot there.

My Problem: I dont get any Network connection. The LEDs at the port dont light up and i dont get an IP with IPScanner.
    When i start the hard disk in VB, everything works fine.
    The network Adapter there is named enp0s3 and i get an IP via dhcp or static. But either way into the box, it wont work.

I believe the Problem is, that the Installation on the VB PC assaigns a Network Interface with enp0s3 and on the H340 it cant find it or anything.

Im really a noob sorry for that. But i looked all over the internet and did:
    Workaround 1
    Workaround 2(the same but static )

Workaround 3 ( didnt find the right name of the IF)

But it did not help.

So pleasy, do you have any suggestions, how i can make the Acer H340 recognize /start the Network Interface?

Thanks in advance!

:thumbup:

• Offizieller Beitrag

My Problem: I dont get any Network connection. The LEDs at the port dont light up and i dont get an IP with IPScanner.
    When i start the hard disk in VB, everything works fine.

That's because it's in VB, VB is not a standalone OS....the acer has 5 USB ports the easiest way to do this is to install OMV to a flashdrive and boot from that there is an excellent user guide here from @flmaxey which includes a link to OMV's own documentation.
    Using a flash drive (Sandisk 32Gb) is the best option, you can also create a bootable flashdrive with OMV's iso, so you boot from a usb and install to what will be the working usb.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• @geaves thank you, that looks pretty. Im into it for now :D

After checking the Workaround 3 again i find enp9s0 and could make it dhcp and it worked. Just make it the first interface and it will work.
    Steps:

1. Journal your Interface Name
    2. open /etc/network/interfaces with nano (console texteditor)
    3. name enp3s0 into enp_YOUR INTERFACE NUMBER_s0
    4. save, reboot, done.

• Hi everyone,

I encountered a most similar problem when upgrading from OMV 3.xx to OMV 4 on my Acer H340. After finish of the upgrade process and reboot of system, I also received the error about the missing network interface.

After reading several posts in different forums, I realized that after aupgrading to OMV 4 the system searches for a network interface named "enp9s0". After checking the file "/etc/network/interfaces", I also found out, that in this file is still the "eth1"- entry of the OMV 3 installation present.

After

Bash
    ifconfig enp9s0 static-ip-of-my-OMV

the entry in the file /etc/network/interfaces was changed and everything was working well (including the AD integration I did with OMV 3), even after reboot. I think the manual editing of the file /etc/network/interfaces also is succesful as Forstwirt92 posted.

After that, I manually deleted the "eth1" entry and manually entred the same values for "enp9s0" in OMV webinterface (cause this was not automatically done) , and know everything seems to be working well. Well , I think this is only a cosmetic issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!