cloning

• Hello.

I use OMV.

I want to use an other SD Card for OMV.
    Where is the file that save all settings (passwords, accounts ...) please ?
    How to copy it onto the new SD Card ?

I use Windows 7, so i can't read write directy the SD Card. It is a Linux system on SD Crad due to OMV files.

Tk's

ROCK 64 1 Go + Armbian_20.02.1_Rock64_buster_legacy_4.4.213, OMV 5 + Transmission + Double commander + Official POWER SUPPLY 3A/5V + Official ACRYLIC OPEN ENCLOSURE.
    18qm.jpg

• Tk's for your help.
    I'll try your solution.

ROCK 64 1 Go + Armbian_20.02.1_Rock64_buster_legacy_4.4.213, OMV 5 + Transmission + Double commander + Official POWER SUPPLY 3A/5V + Official ACRYLIC OPEN ENCLOSURE.
    18qm.jpg

• The problem is that is want to copy the 64 Gb sd Card into the 16 Gb Card. So it is not posssible. So is it possible to instal the last version of OMV in the 16 Gb card using the setting of the 64 Gb card ?

Tk's.

18qm.jpg

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can most likely clone the 64 GB SD card to the 16 GB SD card. The reason is that you most likely use less than 8 GB of the card. I can imagine that it might be difficult in Windows. So use Linux. You can install and run Linux from a thumbdrive. There are many rescue distros available that already have all the tools needed to clone drives and SD cards. You might have to get a SD card reader as well.

So get a thumbdrive and install Linux to that, and clone away using Linux tools. You MUST have this capability anyway. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to backup your rootfs. And that would be silly, wouldn't it?

• What is working for me
    let's says we want to put your 64 GB on a 16 GB you need Gparted. Put iit on a thumb drive with Linux live USB creator https://gparted.org/liveusb.php when you are in Gparted, there you can shrink the second partition by moving the cursor on the right and move the Linux swap to the left as far as you can, click apply now.
    Optional
    I advise you to save it to a new shrank image for back-up, in in windows use win32 disk imager check mark "Read only allowed partition" to save it. so if you need it latter you got a smaller backup to rebuilt a card you can also zip that image in order to reduce the file in your computer.

• Tk's guys i'll try.

18qm.jpg

• Hi Nefertiti, i tried your method using Gparted. Seems it works. But then i go back in windows to make the cloning using Win32DiskImager, as said geaves. But the Win32DiskImager does not see any files in the Drive; because it is not Windows compatible i think. How to clone on windows or Gparted fro eg ?

Tk's

18qm.jpg

• You should use specific versions of Gparted or Clonezilla that are on bootable USB.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hi Nefertiti, i tried your method using Gparted. Seems it works. But then i go back in windows to make the cloning using Win32DiskImager, as said geaves. But the Win32DiskImager does not see any files in the Drive; because it is not Windows compatible i think. How to clone on windows or Gparted fro eg ?

Tk's

Win32 strangely, wont show any file from an SD just pick in device your SD click on the icon folder where you want to save when it open the windows write boot.img and click open you will get something like in the pick click read only allocated partition and push read.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Using Win32DiskImager -> Choose your backup location -> Create new text document -> Select it, right click, rename -> Give it a name with the ext .img windows will complain, ok or yes to the pop up -> File created

Win32 -> Automatically locates USB (if there is only one!) -> Click on the folder and browse to the file you just created -> Select Read you will get a request to overwrite the current selected file, yes or ok -> The image is now written to that file name

Win32 is "imaging" the whole of that USB regardless of any partitioning, to clone back/write image to a USB it must be the same size as the original drive.

• Tk's i will try it soon and revert to you.

18qm.jpg

• Sorry all with ,y secodn child and hard work i've got no time. but for sure i'll revert when done. Tk's all

18qm.jpg

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!