Nextcloud with Docker: Access Problems and Server Error

• When installing OMV, I created a 'standard user' and performed the adminsitration according to TechnoDad's instructions. I assigned the UID
    / GID of the Stadard user in the respective Docker images as PUID and PGID.
    However, as soon as I try to access the shared folder / Nexctloud (not / AppData /Nextcloud), which is the data folder for Nextcloud, via SMB, I'm only
    reading this; I can not save the config change with Notepad ++.
    If I look at the ACL in OMV, the fields 'Owner' and 'Group' are empty, but Nextcloud works fine.
    However, as soon as I change something here (for example, the user whose UID /GID I specified in Docker) I only get a server error

'Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your
    request.
    Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple
    times, please include the technical details below in your report.
    More details can be found in the server log. '

Every further change - regardless of which user and / or group - leads to the same result.

Where is the mistake, please? According to OMV, the two fields must not be empty, but I would still like to access my own data via SMB.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Where is the mistake, please? According to OMV, the two fields must not be empty, but I would still like to access my own data via SMB.

Ok you've installed Nextcloud which I assume works, why do you want access the Nextcloud data folder via SMB?

• Offizieller Beitrag

data backup, data check, connect network drive to access with other programs on data / images, etc..... on windows

Rather defeats the object of installing Nextcloud, you can achieve the same just by setting up SMB.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Instead of tips for bypassing, help in solving the problem would be good.

Well I only have tips unfortunately because you are trying to do something that makes no sense and probably cannot be achieved, what you are looking for is something along the lines of google drive or one drive where you install an app which acts as a file explorer.

• Offizieller Beitrag

And why is there nextcloud then at all

Education!! Nextcloud allows you to host your own cloud server similar to Google Drive and One Drive which allows you access to files and information from outside your local network, if set up correctly.
    There is no help with the solution, the solution is to design your networking requirements locally and remotely.

So SMB for local use, and Nextcloud for remote and local, accessible via a web gui.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Is there any serious support from others?

Ok now you're being rude I am simply trying to explain to you the concept of Nextcloud and what you want to do cannot be done that's why you are getting the errors....is there a workaround....yes....design your network accordingly.

You can connect an SMB share to Nextcloud, the only other way to access that Nextcloud share is via FTP.

EDIT: To back up use rsync as it just requires the folder share.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!