Not all disks (volumes) appear in SNMP monitoring

• I have two RAID volumes on my OMV box, but neither of them appear in Observium which I use to monitor OMV and other servers using SNMP.

I can only see SNMP info about the OS disk. The snmpd.conf on my OMV box is empty aside from owner information - do I need to add anything here?

These are the volumes I can see info for:

/
    /etc/machine-id
    /tmp

How can I get my RAID volumes to show up? Thanks for any help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try  snmpwalk -v2c -c public 10.0.83.1 change public to your comunity name and ip to your omv name or ip. Should stream a lot of text. Look for other disks.

Can't remember if I had to install any other packages.
    dpkg -l |grep snmp

ii libsnmp-base 5.7.3+dfsg-1.7+deb9u1 all SNMP configuration script, MIBs and documentation

ii libsnmp30:amd64 5.7.3+dfsg-1.7+deb9u1 amd64 SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) library

ii openmediavault-snmp 4.0.4-1 all OpenMediaVault SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) plugin

ii snmpd 5.7.3+dfsg-1.7+deb9u1 amd64 SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) agents

I used to use observium but switched to a fork called librenms. Here is what I see.

Here is what is in my snmpd.conf.

If you make it idiot proof, somebody will build a better idiot.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von donh ()

• I have the same problem.
    I have mounted 3 disks in omv but only one of them shows in the snmp data. I think this has something to do with the fact that these two disks are NTFS and the one showing is ext4.
    At first i thought it has something to do with permissions because the mounted folders were showing as owner root with group root and the disk that is showing was root:users. So i added gid=100 in fstab for these two disks and rebooted and the folders now mounted with root:users too, but the disks are still not showing in snmt.
    Can someone help me to find the problem?
    Thank you

PS: OMV is on a Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB ram
    Edit: Forgot to write - OMV is version 5.2.1-1

• Any news ?
    I have also a Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB ram and my OMV is 5.2.7-1. where do yuo look for snmp data ? I'm using Nagios.
    regards

• My use case is that i want to display some disk info(mainly percent used and smart status - if i find the oid for that one :) ) in home assistant. I am using snmpwalk to discover the oids i need to use in home assistant. But my two mounted ntfs drives are missing from the info.
    However i have made some progress. If i add the drives directly in snmpd.conf as disk <path> then i can retrieve their info.
    However that will probably be overwritten at some point(i am guessing if i mount a new drive in OMV interface), so i need to find a way to permanently add these entries there

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!