HELP!! mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-Media' status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Media is not a mountpoint

• Hello all,

I am stuck, I seem to have found others with the same issue, but the resolution steps were not well documented. Here is a breakdown of what I have experienced.

My Odroid HC2 was shut down after initial install. After reboot I cannot access the shared drive I have created. I recieve the error "The operation can’t be completed because the original item for “Media” can’t be found." This has happened twice, but the first time I assumed it was associated with the PLEX app because the Roku was frozen as well after it was left on when I fell asleep watching a movie.

I reformatted the hard drive the first time it happened and started clean. This time I did not activate the PLEX app on the ODROID, and after a reboot I am seeing the same issue.

The drive is not mounting, and I am seeing a new device in the share drive menu with status missing:

Here is the version my system is running

When I try to access the drive from my computer this is the error message I am getting

The OMV image is running from an SD card, and I am using a Seagate Ironwolf 8TB hard drive.

Anyone know of a solution? Everywhere I look it seems to be a user login issue, but I am pretty new to this and am thoroughly confused.

Here is what I have from the log

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've never figured out how to fix this. I just restore a working backup of the rootfs to the SD card and carry on.

This happened to me a lot because my HDDs are incompatible with hdparm and activating ANY of the physical disk properties caused them to unmount and fail to mount on reboot.

Now I stay away from enabling any of the physical disk properties, and OMV works fine. Also I reflashed the SATA firmware. Se recent posts. YMMV.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I assume you would be able to mount the drive from the GUI.

I had the same problem. I solved it by creating a scheduled job which is exectued at reboot (you have to select "at reboot" when you create the scheduled job in the GUI of omv.

The command to be executed is

mount -a

Since I do this, my drive is always mounted.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!