Restart daemons / Reinicio de servicios

    • OMV 4.x
    • Restart daemons / Reinicio de servicios

      Good MorningI wanted to consult if there is a way to make changes in the permissions without restarting the daemons, since if there are active transfers they fall.Sorry for my English, Google Translate

      --------------------------------

      Buenos días
      Queria consulta si existe una forma de realizar cambios en los permisos sin reiniciar los servicios, ya que al si hay transferencias activas estas se caen.

      Perdon por mi ingles, Google Traductor
    • lordabura wrote:

      changes in the permissions without restarting the daemons
      Permissions of files? What daemon? It depends on which daemon you are referring to.
      omv 4.1.14 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • lordabura wrote:

      The permissions of the shared folders
      You can always change permissions of shared folders/files without restarting a service or affecting transfers (unless you make the permissions too restrictive for that user.
      omv 4.1.14 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

      You can always change permissions of shared folders/files without restarting a service or affecting transfers (unless you make the permissions too restrictive for that user.


      I am logged in with the user jh and I upload a file to the shared folder






      then change the permissions of another user









      then the yellow bar appears to apply the changes






      When the changes are applied, the transfer falls







      it is possible to perform this procedure without dropping active transfers ???
    • lordabura wrote:

      it is possible to perform this procedure without dropping active transfers ???
      I thought you were changing the permissions from the command line. No, when you change the shared folder permissions, it restarts samba. I guess it is odd that they could start a transfer with one permission set and that you would need to change it.
      omv 4.1.14 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:


      I guess it is odd that they could start a transfer with one permission set and that you would need to change it.

      This also happens when I add another folder to SAMBA, for others of my users, as I can, or what would be thecorrect procedure to generate new shared folders without affecting the users who are already working with them.

      PD: I have a datastorage that performs this function, add and remove folders without restarting, but this is very small for what I need
    • lordabura wrote:

      This also happens when I add another folder to SAMBA, for others of my users, as I can, or what would be thecorrect procedure to generate new shared folders without affecting the users who are already working with them.
      Unfortunately, you can't add a folder without causing a restart.

      lordabura wrote:

      I have a datastorage that performs this function, add and remove folders without restarting, but this is very small for what I need
      It is possible to do this with samba (reload the config instead of restarting the service) but OMV can't do it.
      omv 4.1.14 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!