Restart daemons / Reinicio de servicios

• Good MorningI wanted to consult if there is a way to make changes in the permissions without restarting the daemons, since if there are active transfers they fall.Sorry for my English, Google Translate

--------------------------------

Buenos días
    Queria consulta si existe una forma de realizar cambios en los permisos sin reiniciar los servicios, ya que al si hay transferencias activas estas se caen.

Perdon por mi ingles, Google Traductor

• Offizieller Beitrag

changes in the permissions without restarting the daemons

Permissions of files? What daemon? It depends on which daemon you are referring to.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Permissions of files? What daemon? It depends on which daemon you are referring to.

The permissions of the shared folders, I mean the SMB daemon and FTP for example
    ---------------------------------------
    Los permisos de las carpetas compartidas, me refiero al demonio SMB y FTP por ejemplo

• Offizieller Beitrag

The permissions of the shared folders

You can always change permissions of shared folders/files without restarting a service or affecting transfers (unless you make the permissions too restrictive for that user.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• You can always change permissions of shared folders/files without restarting a service or affecting transfers (unless you make the permissions too restrictive for that user.

I am logged in with the user jh and I upload a file to the shared folder

then change the permissions of another user

then the yellow bar appears to apply the changes

When the changes are applied, the transfer falls

it is possible to perform this procedure without dropping active transfers ???

• Offizieller Beitrag

it is possible to perform this procedure without dropping active transfers ???

I thought you were changing the permissions from the command line. No, when you change the shared folder permissions, it restarts samba. I guess it is odd that they could start a transfer with one permission set and that you would need to change it.

• I guess it is odd that they could start a transfer with one permission set and that you would need to change it.

This also happens when I add another folder to SAMBA, for others of my users, as I can, or what would be thecorrect procedure to generate new shared folders without affecting the users who are already working with them.

PD: I have a datastorage that performs this function, add and remove folders without restarting, but this is very small for what I need

• Offizieller Beitrag

This also happens when I add another folder to SAMBA, for others of my users, as I can, or what would be thecorrect procedure to generate new shared folders without affecting the users who are already working with them.

Unfortunately, you can't add a folder without causing a restart.

I have a datastorage that performs this function, add and remove folders without restarting, but this is very small for what I need

It is possible to do this with samba (reload the config instead of restarting the service) but OMV can't do it.

• It is possible to do this with samba (reload the config instead of restarting the service) but OMV can't do it.

Sorry for the question, but I could recommend some operating system Similar to OMV that does not need a restart to create new folders or assign permissions to users

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!