Help, I cannot login to the web gui. Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory

• OMV 4.x
    • Resolved
    • Update
    • Help, I cannot login to the web gui. Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory

Firstly, sorry for bad English. Hope you all understand what I am saying because I am a English leaner.

Few hours ago I started to fail logging into the omv web and it shows "Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory"

here is the error code:

Source Code

1. Error #0:
      2. OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:140
      3. Stack trace:
      4. #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
      5. #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
      6. #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      7. #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
      8. #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
      9. #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
      10. #6 {main}
      Display All
      I did google and know that there are some plugins are not compatible with this omv version but I dont know how to check which are.

Could anyone help me? Thx a lot
    • If they on the list on omv-extras.org for your version, they are compatible.
      omv 4.1.15 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • bfbf510a wrote:

I installed some plugins that are not listed on omv-extras.org such as nignx and deluge. They work well after I installed them.
      Should I remove them?
      nginx is listed and is fine. deluge should be removed in favor of docker - Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

What version of OMV are you running now?

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

bfbf510a wrote:

I installed some plugins that are not listed on omv-extras.org such as nignx and deluge. They work well after I installed them.
      Should I remove them?
      nginx is listed and is fine. deluge should be removed in favor of docker - Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced
      What version of OMV are you running now?

Any suggestion other than docker and deluge? I intalled deluge to run NextCloud because I fail to install Docker
    • bfbf510a wrote:

That is the kernel version but that makes me guess you are using an arm board.

bfbf510a wrote:

Any suggestion other than docker and deluge? I intalled deluge to run NextCloud because I fail to install Docker
      The deluge plugin breaks OMV 4.x. So, I don't have another suggestion other than docker.

• Have you read the other threads about installing docker on the dreaded RPi? I'm sure you are running into the same issue.

• This must have fixed something else that was broken because the wol plugin wouldn't cause this problem unless it didn't install properly.