Resize Ext4 FS button not working

• Hello all,

I am stuck and need some assistance. I recently increased the size of my disk from 11TB to 15.2TB. OMV 4.1.3 sees the disk at the correct size but I cannot get the Ext4 FS to resize. I have deleted all shares so nothing is referenced. When I click resize the screen blinks and nothing happens. I am not good at command line but I can usually muddle my way through.

I do not have physical access to the server at this time only remote console. Do I need to expand the FS from the CLI? I know my disk is /dev/sb1.

Are there a set of commands that I can run to expand the FS to the max size without losing my existing data?

Thank you!

-John

• Offizieller Beitrag

o I need to expand the FS from the CLI? I know my disk is /dev/sb1.

Are there a set of commands that I can run to expand the FS to the max size without losing my existing data?

If you have a partition, it needs to be expanded before the filesystem can be expanded. The easiest thing to do is boot gparted live or systemrescuecd (both have a boot option in omv-extras) and resize it with gparted.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thank you. I went ahead and downloaded gparted. It worked great.

I still wonder why the resize button didnt work.

It works on special cases. Like using lvm or raid. When you said increase the disk size I assume you’re using virtual machine?

The disk size is increased but the partition size limits remains the same.
    In lvm increasing the logical volume the “partition” is upsized so is ready for Fs expansion.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!