how to test a Hard Drive ?

• Hi,

Well, i was with a RAID, it failed , with help, i deleted it, and made a merge FS ... all was ok until i copy data back on it ... and then, the merge FS failed :/

So, i think i have a HDD who's diying but i can't find it... I got another volume (for downloads with transmission), i'd like to keep it, it's only 1 disk ..

I saw the S.M.A.R.T. but all is green and i don't understand detailled infos ...

1 HDD (my only 6 To) is still on garanty, i have to be sure if it's the problem

Thanks for the help, i'm going crazy with thoses HDD ... (and again ... sry for my bad english and my noobish attitude)

• Look at the Information | Attributes table. If Attributes 5, 197, and 198 have any non-zero Raw Values, it's a sign that the drive might be failing.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I provided things to look at in SMART which related to the hardware, not the file systems.

You will need to provide more information such as what errors you are seeing and whether or not you have run a check on the file systems and what that showed.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• i went on smart item in omv web client and used informations ..

About file system, i mean my RAID or merge FS both failed, if 5,197,198 in smart are ok, the problem should be somewhere :( (sry for my english again ... )

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!