is plex working in omv4?

• Yes. Either via the plugin, or docker. I run the docker here. Plex has worked continuously for me on OMV 2, 3, and 4 on Intel hardware.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Please use the docker.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You won’t ever look back running plex on docker. Updating plex is so much easier (eg restart plex running in docker) and if you want the latest builds they are available quickly.

The only thing I believe that isn’t supported is hardware decoding (server side).

• You won’t ever look back running plex on docker. Updating plex is so much easier (eg restart plex running in docker) and if you want the latest builds they are available quickly.

The only thing I believe that isn’t supported is hardware decoding (server side).

You just need to edit some files to fix that.

Open shellinabox

Code
    nano /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

Hit F6 to search. At the bottom left look for the search line.

Type in: mntent

Hit enter.

It should look like this.

Code
    <mntent>
      <uuid>f767ee54-eb3a-44c5-b159-1840a289c84b</uuid>
      <fsname>/dev/disk/by-label/VOLUME1</fsname>
      <dir>/srv/dev-disk-by-label-VOLUME1</dir>
      <type>ext4</type>
      <opts>defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl</opts>
      <freq>0</freq>
      <passno>2</passno>
      <hidden>0</hidden>
    </mntent>

Change the opts line removing the noexec, it should look like this:

Code
    <opts>defaults,nofail,user_xattr,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl</opts>

Save the file with CTRL+X, then Y, then enter. That saves the file.

Run in shellinabox.

Code
    omv-mkconf fstab

Reboot the system.

Check that the noexec flag is no longer present for that particular mount.

Open shellinabox again.

Code
    cat /proc/mounts

Done. You should be able to transcode and access your Plex outside of your network. :thumbup:

• Thanks mate.
    Looking forward to trying this. I’ve always been able to access plex from the outside network but read somewhere hardware decoding isn’t possible. Will try it out (might breath new life into my proliant n40L).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!