apt-get remove python3 deleted OMV! Need help re-installing

• Hi!

Because I kept running into a python3-error while running updates for packages, etc. I figured I could just remove and re-install the package. This did fix the error, but for some reason openmediavault is removed entirely, when all I did was ap-get remove python3; apt-get install python3. Seems weird that OMV is a dependency of Python3, or something. Should be the other way around IMO. But that's a different discussion.

Can someone help me out in how to re-install openmediavault without touching anything else? What I'd like to do is something like apt-get install omv but I don't know (and can't find) the package name. Hopefully all settings will have remained intact.

What gave it away was the 'packages that have become obsolete'-message when running anything apt-get related:

• Thanks, macom!

I ran apt-get install openmediavault and omv-sysinit afterwards. The login panel is reachable again, but now when I try to login I get the following error:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:140
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

(I tried to login using the credentials I set myself and the default credentials). Also, when I try to reset the password using omv-firstaid, I get the following error:

Updating control panel administrator password. Please wait ...ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

What is missing and where do I get it?

• Ok, so while running omv-engined -df I was able to login. No notice worthy errors in the terminal, btw. The only plugin's I had installed where the OMV Extra's repo, Docker and Let's Encrypt. And although they're still running in the background (I'm able to access all my docker containers through their Web GUI) OMV doesn't see them i.e. I cannot access their config screens from the OMV backend.

So, I re-installed OMV Extra's, Docker and Let's Encrypt, but now when I access the config screen I continuously get the error: RPC service 'OmvExtras' not found.

What is this RPC and how do I sync it up to its previous state?

(The rest of my settings (shared folders, etc.) are intact, though. So why does RPC seem to be missing something?)

Edit: Okay, sorry for the false alarm, guys. I rebooted my system and after that I was able to reach the config screen of each installed plugin and noticed that all settings are intact! So, problem

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!