Filesystem and data disappreared

• Hello, I am having a problem and I'm not sure how to fix it.

So, I've been running OMV2 for a while and today I decided to upgrade to OMV4. I installed the OS on a 40GB HDD. Then, once I was on the webUI, I created a user and started mounting my 7 data drives via Samba. Once that was done, I went and gave my user read/write access to each drive via the Shared Folders ACL options. I was using the recursive option to apply the setting. Drives 1 and 3-7 went fine. Drive 2 gave me an error saying it wasn't able to apply the setting. I tried rebooting the server thinking that might help. When it was shutting down, it seemed to be stuck on something for a bit. I didn't manage to write down what the issue was. It rebooted and when I went to try the permissions on Drive 2 again, it had been replaced with what you can see in the attachment.

Drive 2 should be the same as the other drives. I removed the shared folder from SMB so that's why it says No for referenced, but it still said yes when it first happened. The scary part is that the drive, which had been full of data, now showed up as empty on my share. When I check via SSH at /dev/disk/by-label/Drive2, it shows blank. I don't know what could have happened. I didn't write any data to the drive so I'm hoping my data might still be able to be brought back. Any clues on what I can do? I did some Googling but I didn't find this exact issue anywhere.

EDIT: After a lot of hesitating, I opened up my server and found what might possibly have been the culprit. The power cable was slightly out of place on the drive in question. I'm not 100% sure that didn't happen when I opened the case since the machine had not been touched before this. I was able to see the drive again, but the original error I ran into when trying to apply the ACL setting is still happening. It says that the disk is read-only but it shouldn't be. I'll attach a second screenshot of it. I am robocopying the data from that drive to another in case its starting to die, but I'd like to know for sure.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!