Cant access web ui

• OMV 3.x
    • Cant access web ui

Hello everyone,

i am running an OMV server since some time totally unattended. the last few days i was unable to access the server via its name but only via the ip adress.
      recently i was gettinge problems with permissions when processing nzbget downloads with sonarr. so i wanted to remove the plugins and install more recent versions via docker. to remove the plugins i wantet to access the webui, but it was not possible. after rebooting the machine is is still not possible, while all the services are still available.
      after some digging i found the following error:

Source Code

1. nginx: [emerg] duplicate listen options for [::]:80 in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/openmediavault-webgui:35
      changing the port to some random number gives me the same error, just with a different port number.

any idea how to get the webui running again?
    • Rebuild the configuration and restart the service:

Shell-Script

1. # omv-mkconf nginx
      2. # systemctl restart nginx
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • Hello,

I have the same problem and cannot login to webgui of OMV 3. Came out of the blue.
      Both, Firefox and I-Explorer don't work give
      "Fehler: Gesicherte Verbindung fehlgeschlagen
      Beim Verbinden mit 192.168.0.35 trat ein Fehler auf. Sichere Kommunikation mit der Gegenstelle ist nicht möglich: Keine gemeinsamen Verschlüsselungsalgorithmen. Fehlercode: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP"

I tried above, didn't work.
      SSH works as well as jdownloader service.
      journalctl -xe give following

Source Code

1. Nov 21 10:17:01 KlausNAS CRON[22640]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (u
      2. Nov 21 10:17:01 KlausNAS CRON[22641]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly
      3. Nov 21 10:17:01 KlausNAS postfix/postsuper[22644]: Deleted: 1 message
      4. Nov 21 10:17:01 KlausNAS CRON[22640]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
      5. Nov 21 10:30:01 KlausNAS CRON[23046]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (u
      6. Nov 21 10:30:01 KlausNAS CRON[23047]: (root) CMD (/usr/sbin/omv-mkgraph >/dev/null 2>&1)
      7. Nov 21 10:30:01 KlausNAS CRON[23046]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
      8. Nov 21 10:30:38 KlausNAS systemd[1]: Stopping A high performance web server and a reverse proxy
      9. -- Subject: Unit nginx.service has begun shutting down
      10. -- Defined-By: systemd
      11. -- Support: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel
      12. --
      13. -- Unit nginx.service has begun shutting down.
      14. Nov 21 10:30:38 KlausNAS systemd[1]: Stopped A high performance web server and a reverse proxy s
      15. -- Subject: Unit nginx.service has finished shutting down
      16. -- Defined-By: systemd
      17. -- Support: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel
      18. --
      19. -- Unit nginx.service has finished shutting down.
      20. Nov 21 10:30:38 KlausNAS systemd[1]: Starting A high performance web server and a reverse proxy
      21. -- Subject: Unit nginx.service has begun start-up
      22. -- Defined-By: systemd
      23. -- Support: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel
      24. --
      25. -- Unit nginx.service has begun starting up.
      26. Nov 21 10:30:38 KlausNAS systemd[1]: Started A high performance web server and a reverse proxy s
      27. -- Subject: Unit nginx.service has finished start-up
      28. -- Defined-By: systemd
      29. -- Support: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel
      30. --
      31. -- Unit nginx.service has finished starting up.
      32. --
      33. -- The start-up result is done.
      34. lines 1886-1918/1918 (END)
      Display All
      What can I do?
      <-- Linux noob
    • The problem seems that the SSL ciphers configuration in nginx is not correct anymore or does not match with the requirements of the latest web browsers.
      You may give this a try:

Because i do not have a running OMV3 system anymore we need to find out which nginx and openssl versions are used there:
      packages.debian.org/jessie/openssl
      packages.debian.org/jessie/nginx

With this info we can generate the suggested ciphers config: mozilla.github.io/server-side-…t&hsts=yes&profile=modern

Now open /etc/default/openmediavault and add the following line

Source Code

1. OMV_NGINX_SITE_WEBGUI_SSL_CIPHERS="ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-RSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256"
      Now rebuild the config and restart nginx

Shell-Script

1. # omv-mkconf nginx
      2. # service nginx restart

Please consider to upgrade your system. Debian nor OMV will provide security updates for this systems anymore.

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      I will face my fear.
      Only I will remain.

• jurke wrote:

Does this mean OMV 3 globally does not work with SSL anymore?
      This is possible. I can't confirm that because this version is not tested or maintained anymore because it is EOL since 9 july 2018.

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      I will face my fear.
      Only I will remain.