Help troubleshooting Issues pulling Docker images and SSH dropping

• I'm hoping someone can help me troubleshoot an issue with failed checksums when pulling docker images:

# docker pull linuxserver/plex
    Using default tag: latest
    latest: Pulling from linuxserver/plex
    32802c0cfa4d: Verifying Checksum
    1643fa16260a: Download complete
    5768751b4c70: Download complete
    05b8a8268766: Download complete
    cef14ece6765: Download complete
    47930d69bbc1: Download complete
    c21e238ddbe4: Verifying Checksum
    8294a1b762c6: Download complete
    4007aef5d48e: Verifying Checksum
    3e2d225ae398: Download complete
    filesystem layer verification failed for digest sha256:4007aef5d48e666701d5e2608e6f8ce77525bc37563e05bbd4c66b878de500f0

and

#docker pull linuxserver/plex
    Error response from daemon: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority (possibly because of "crypto/rsa: verification error" while trying to verify candidate authority certificate "Amazon Root CA 1")

I am also having SSH drop my connection intermittently with "Incorrect MAC received on packet".

Looking at the above i thought it was a network issue but i have installed OMV on another system connected to the same LAN and configured the same way but it does not have these issues.

Currently OMV is installed as a VM on ESXi 6.7 but i have also tried installing it directly on the host and installing OMV 3 but i have the same issue. I have used different NIC, RAM, HDD, changed BIOS settings, disabled TCP offloading and RX checksumming then i thought it might be too many devices on the PCI bus so i tried installing with the min config (no PCI cards) but nothing seems to change the issue!

Hardware is
    Motherboard: Z79-WS
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1246 v3 @ 3.50GHz
    RAM: 24GB DDR3
    NIC: Intel PRO/1000 PT Quad Port LP and onboard Intel I218-LM and Intel I210
    Storage 3x HBA: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic LSI2008
    Drives: 24 WD Red 3TB

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

• You could try to remove the image you downloaded and stop and restart docker.

On cli (with root) check if a plex image is existent

Code
    //check only for the plex image
    docker images -a |  grep "plex"

//or list all images 
    docker images

I don't use Plex but I can show you the output for Emby

Code
    REPOSITORY          TAG                 IMAGE ID            CREATED           SIZE
    emby/embyserver     latest              835050fb3fae        2 months ago      213MB

To delete the image (for my Emby example, you would have to adapt this to fit your Plex image)

Code
    docker rmi emby/embyserver

then stop and restart the docker service either using the web gui or cli. For latter:

Code
    service docker stop
    service docker start

Now retry and download the Plex image again... good luck.

• Thanks for the reply.

It never actually installs the image so i can't remove it (no output from the grep above). When i try and pull Emby i get the same issue as above:

# docker pull emby/embyserver
    latest: Pulling from emby/embyserver
    f70adabe43c0: Pull complete
    bf44fd9e1723: Downloading [================> ] 26.33MB/80.7MB
    3d2016cdab4a: Verifying Checksum
    accefb972ef0: Verifying Checksum
    1bf977e07153: Verifying Checksum
    filesystem layer verification failed for digest sha256:1bf977e071533b6317a6f6bfd50c33582b9675546f05ecb32848db7936a1bf62

I have got it to install "Hello World" which seems to work as it is a single image and only small.

# docker pull hello-world
    latest: Pulling from library/hello-world
    d1725b59e92d: Pull complete
    Digest: sha256:0add3ace90ecb4adbf7777e9aacf18357296e799f81cabc9fde470971e499788

Whatever the issue is seems to occur with larger files and i can only assume its because something is messing with the file/packets causing them to fail checksum. as you can see bellow i am not seeing errors in Ethtool, the bellow shows tx_tcp_seg_good and rx_csum_offload_good but these dont seem to be incrementing anymore since i disabled them with ethtool.

• I found a similar post for Virtualbox issues and tried to do that but ESXi does not include a NAT option (only on VMware desktop). In my case i have the NIC configured as PCI pass-through so ESXi should not be doing much with the NIC. In case it is in some way i tried installing directly on the machine without ESXi but got the same problem :(

I'm pretty much out of ideas as well... At this point all i can think of is some strange incompatibility with the CPU or motherboard as i have swapped out every other component and the issue remains.

In case someone is aware of issues with one of the motherboard components or CPU i will include the bellow outputs from ESXi:

Code
    esxcli hardware cpu global get
       CPU Packages: 1
       CPU Cores: 4
       CPU Threads: 8
       Hyperthreading Active: true
       Hyperthreading Supported: true
       Hyperthreading Enabled: true
       HV Support: 3
       HV Replay Capable: false
       HV Replay Disabled Reasons: incompatible CPU

I did also find this this and this which is a pretty intense read but given i still get the issue when passing through or installing with the on-board NIC (and i have tried to disable TCP offload) i assume it cant be it... but it does seems to be close to the issues i am having.... I might have to see if i can find a non Intel NIC to test... I have another motherboard and CPU from my old desktop but it does not have on-board graphics so does not have sufficient PCI slots once i install a single slot GPU.

The only other ideas i can think of are to try some ECC DIMMs, non Intel NIC, Buy a new Motherboard/ CPU (Ughhh...) or maybe taking the PCI slots down to gen 1 or 2...

It's very hard when i cant really tell if the cheksums are being incorrectly computed/data being corrupted by:
    CPU (No issues when i run a SSL speed tests; "openssl speed")
    Memory fault (Have tried different DIMMS)
    LAN issue (Have another OMV machine on the LAN with the same network config without issues)
    NIC Issue (Have tried multiple NICs)
    OS Issue (OMV 3 has the same problem)
    PCI Address conflict (Same issue when PCI cards removed)
    etc...

Any other suggestions for tests to isolate would be appreciated... I don't want to spend more cash on hardware just to have the same problem!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!