Deluge torrents pause and resume script

• Hello Team,

I have recently moved from rTorrent to deluge mainly cause rTorrent reset settings (download limits and port config) on each reload and my NAS is not 24/7 on also rTorrent did not move the completed downloads sometimes to completed folders

Deluge is fine it is more flexible from my point of view but it also has a problem where on each restart i get errors on some torrents which requires me to force recheck them to get it fixed.

I simply want to have startup and a shutdown script that pause all torrents before shutting down and resume them on startup, i have almost 0 scripting knowledge and debian as well

Scripts
    -----------------------------
    #!/bin/sh
    docker exec -it 345656667gdeluge-console "connect 127.0.0.1:58846 localclient fg56yh7u778678678ui888; pause *"
    #!/bin/sh
    docker exec -it 345656667gdeluge-console "connect 127.0.0.1:58846 localclient fg56yh7u778678678ui888; resume *"

i tried adding the pause script to /etc/rc0.d and rc6.d cause as far as i understand they are for system halt and reboot, then i tried to add the resume to rcS.d but nothing happened, i can run the scripts manually just fine using "bash scriptname" i even added some echo message to show up so i can know if the script ran or not but they are not showing.

can anyone on of you guys please help me :saint: or tell me if i can overcome deluge issue using another method or tell me how to fix rTorrent setting reset issue :love: .

• Hello,

I somehow fixed the issue but using a scheduled job to force recheck all torrents in deluge, the drawback here is the time it take for a large number of torrents to be rechecked.

I would still be better to use a script before shutting down to pause the torrents then use another one to resume them on the startup.

i guess i can use the schedule job at reboot for the resume part but i just need to figure out how to add a shutdown script which seems that i can not get it after lots of googling.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!