Docker and FHEM

• Is someone expirienced in docker, especially in installing FHEM on docker? I installed the dockergui, tested docker in CLI, downloaded an image in dockergui ... but I have Problems bei generating the Container while I dont know about the parameters and how to integrate my fhem.cfg .

Grüße Micha

Q29000-ITX
    omv 4.1.8.2 | 64 bit | backport kernel | omvextras

• In dockergui the container first seemed to run, but I can't reach it ... now its status is marked as "dead", is it helpfull to show the Container-Code?

Q29000-ITX

• Sry, overseen this answer ... i'm runnin on X86 Mobo Asrock Q29000-ITX, Intel with 8GB ... is this enough info?

Q29000-ITX

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sry, overseen this answer ... i'm runnin on X86 Mobo Asrock Q29000-ITX, Intel with 8GB ... is this enough info?

Ok, I asked simply because I have seen the wrong Docker container being downloaded -> I'll have a look at how this is installed but don't get too hopeful the instructions are about as clear as mud :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

trust on you ;-))

No luck, it seems to keep restarting, then runs, but cannot get to the web interface, neither can I get the container to stop. It does however, works as far as the Volumes and Bind mounts where the host path is pointing to, everything is extracting and there is a directory structure. But without the web interface you can't configure anything.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is only one other thing I could suggest is to ask for help in the FHEM forum, download the container, select and hit run, the take screen shots from the setup/run dialogue that comes up and explain that this an OMV plugin, someone might be able to help.

I knew a soon at the restart appeared there was a problem I just couldn't locate it, other than an error relating to configDB came back as error code 2.

• There is only one other thing I could suggest is to ask for help in the FHEM forum

Here is the right thread:

https://forum.fhem.de/index.php/topic,89745.0.html

I also use fhem, but installed it at the command line by apt. I am planning to upgrade my fhem setup to docker, but there are some service dependencies (hmland, homebridge, ssl), which stop me to do it. ;)

Regards Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• metoo

what kind of transmitter do you use? I have here some homematic devices with a hmlancfg ... where did you place the config-dir?

Q29000-ITX

• There is only one other thing I could suggest is to ask for help in the FHEM forum

I wanted to avoid that ... the guys there are almost up nosed (in german we say "hochnäsig" , don't know how to translate it) .. they power atomic plants and mars missions there... with my 20 on-off devices I am a little light

Q29000-ITX

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von mipi ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here is the right thread:

This is interesting from that thread -> configDB can be influenced by the environment variable CONFIGTYPE: -> that does work, however, for it to actually function you have to two files (configDB.db and configDB.conf) from /Fhem/contrib/configDB/ to /Fhem otherwise there is a continuous error in relation to configDB.conf cannot be found! But there is nothing to tell you that until you investigating further.

• Sorry I don't use it, I thought you needed some help getting the Docker set up.

You got me right, but i am looking for a way to share the directory to alter the fhem.cfg outside the fhem frontend

for the config.db you need a special module? I installed fhem in docker with a normal fhem.cfg and it runs without hazzles.

Q29000-ITX

• Offizieller Beitrag

It's the db part I just don't understand because at no time do you have to configure MariaDB or MySQL, my understanding would be to setup MariaDB and point FHEM to it. It would then store all the relevant information such as ip cameras etc.

Have you looked at this it looks as if it's similar FHEM.

but i am looking for a way to share the directory to alter the fhem.cfg outside the fhem frontend

??? If you have watched any of @TechnoDadLife videos he uses a single directory share for docker containers and I have copied the same principle, so by having a 'root' directory I can add that to samba so it's available on the network for me only! That way the sub folders which are each Docker container folder have all the information in.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!